What Bird Did You See Today?

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Found a cardinal trapped in my veggie garden this morning. It’s enclosed with netting but one of the doors was ajar. I see them all the time but they are much cooler looking up close.

Last edited:

FastFreddy

Saw this guy today at work just walking around kinda looks like a cross between a pigeon and a woodpecker. Near as I can tell its called a Chukar.

IMG_20210127_135527.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
Saw this guy today at work just walking around kinda looks like a cross between a pigeon and a woodpecker. Near as I can tell its called a Chukar.

View attachment 150038

Any hunting clubs nearby? We used to shoot them along with pheasants.

FastFreddy

No hunting clubs that I know of, but then again I don't do any hunting so I wouldn't really know. My job is just a few minutes away from Allaire State Park and the Manasquan Reservoir so maybe it wandered over from one of them. There's also the Howell Police Shooting range nearby so maybe they use them for target practice although I would hope not! LOL

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Great Backyard Bird Count starts tomorrow. We're planning on doing this with the kiddos.

"Participating is easy, fun to do alone, or with others, and can be done anywhere you find birds. Simply watch birds for 15 minutes or more, at least once over the four days, February 12-15, 2021, and tell us what you see!

Robin

No photos as it was raining and I didn't want to dig for my phone in my pocket but rode past "new" eagle nest on Hillsborough Rd. At the time nothing in nest but I think one of the ealges was hanging out on the old power tower adjacent.

Top Bottom