What Bird Did You See Today?

MMuller

Mom and 3 baby yellow crested night herons protecting a wooded lot from being clear cut. They're protected and the builder can't develop the lot while they're nesting. Unfortunately as soon as they leave it's game on for the builder. Neptune has no tree removal ordinance and lot after lot is being clear cut with mega homes being built in neighborhood of well kept, modest sized homes.

20200625_164724.jpg20200625_164804.jpg

serviceguy

Yes, cardinals are abundant this year.

During my after dinner right this evening a smallish, solid bright blu bird flew in front of me near parking lot C at RSP. The only bird that looks like the one I saw is the Indigo Bunting. Apparently a very shy bird. Needless to say the park was empty at 7:00 p.m. so it's possible. No way I could snap a picture, I grabbed one from the interwebs.

indigobunting.jpg

1TrackMind

72D92FC9-5780-4782-909E-2CAD10E258F0.jpeg72D92FC9-5780-4782-909E-2CAD10E258F0.jpeg
Nothing fancy, just a nest of house sparrows in a basket off the deck, but the kids had a good time watching them develop from eggs to what looks just about ready to fledge, checking their progress multiple times a day, turned into a distance learning science study. They grew much faster than i thought They would

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unfortunately, no photo as I was riding. While leading a group at Stephens this past Sunday, a red tailed hawk swooped down under the tree canopy and flew about 15' over our heads in the same direction. It was super cool and the first that has ever happened to me. I was a bit surprised as there were about 13 of us in total.

serviceguy

Unfortunately, no photo as I was riding. While leading a group at Stephens this past Sunday, a red tailed hawk swooped down under the tree canopy and flew about 15' over our heads in the same direction. It was super cool and the first that has ever happened to me. I was a bit surprised as there were about 13 of us in total.

Luckily it wasn't a bombing raid. Those birds can carry a lot of...ammunitions!

Top Bottom