What Bird Did You See Today?

This flew into the glass door where my wife does security at a High School. It appeared dead or dying. She picked it up and held it for 20 minutes protecting from the hordes of students and any predators. It eventually started moving and within 1/2 hour she released and it flew away. Sorta same thing she did with me and my injury. No intentions of flying away though. We're a couple of lucky birds....

View attachment 69375
Pretty bird.
That's a Magnolia Warbler. Your wife has a healing touch.

A pair of goldfinches was all she wrote on today's ride

210060469.jpg

Eastern Kingbird b13-42-050_V.jpg

I was at Warinanco Park in Roselle yesterday banging out intervals on the road bike before the rain. I spotted a Kingbird in the park. Interesting to observe, it catches insects in flight, which I find somewhat entertaining.

Back at Warinanco yesterday for road training. In between sets I scoped an Egret on the ponds edge. Despite only being a few miles from Bayway, this park is a little oasis.

Photo I snapped as he was flying away.
20180523_153441.jpg

Stock photo of Great Egret.
70610211-720px.jpg

i had a pair of blue jays building a nest in the tree in my back yard. they both kept dropping a plastic zip tie that had a 2" loop engaged. i think they finally got it to work for them because every morning it was at the base of the tree, its gone now but it was pretty fun to watch them drop down to pick it up and fly back up multiple times in the morning.

What I shoulda/coulda/woulda saw... but didn't

32178568_601135323574866_8757944332410945536_n.jpg

Did see a coal black squirrel tho

As far back as I can remember they are fairly common in Princeton Township

Birds- red headed wood peckers all around my house. It’s very clear when they start banging on ge white oak in my yard. Different sound.

I don’t let that go on for too long. Love that white oak!

Saw a couple of great blue herons on today's ride, no pic, they shy.

I did grab a shot of this pair of albino Canadian geese. Very rare.
IMG_0759.JPG

And not birds, but seeing a ton of deer puppies. Saw 5 in 3 hours of riding. That's like 1.7/Deer per hour.

Yesterday's commute:
IMG_0717.JPG

Today:
IMG_0734.JPG

Back
Top Bottom