what bike should i get?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
no thanks, ill send myself to cycle works and say pinkshirtphotos sent me :rofl: i know some guys over there. ill be getting a haro mary ss from them soon.

gee, that's not very neighborly of you...especially considering john and frank (along with Halters Cycles, keepin' real down in south-central!) are our strategic partner. :(

Spylab

Sean-

Take a Reign around while you are at Cycle Works. I ride an 07 Reign 0, and it is such a go-anywhere bike. At 30 pounds it's kind of a welterweight; a little heavy in the XC perspective, a little light on the DH side. However, I ride around Kittatinny, Allamuchy etc. with few issues. The suspension is so well crafted, uphills feel like I am on a hardtail but downhills are fearlessly fast.

I know you got into some issues with Diablo, but if these are replacements for the Sunday, I can attest that the Reign holds up impressively well on the mountain if you get back up there. Despite having an air shock in the rear, it has taken some good drops and a hell of a lot of abuse on the rock gardens.

I can't say enough good things about the bike. The stock tires are garbage and you are better off with a chain guide and bash ring (I never found myself in the high and low gears anyway), but it is WELL worth the money.

Let me know if you want any specific info.

ytc100

no thanks, ill send myself to cycle works and say pinkshirtphotos sent me :rofl: i know some guys over there. ill be getting a haro mary ss from them soon.

throw in the scott ransom i might be able to get a used demo. trance x is a lot more then i want to spend, and im no weight weenie im coming off a 41lb dh bike so everything is light to me.

The Trance X is not much more expensive than the reign. These are the mid level bikes:

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bikes/mountain/1285/29377/
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bikes/mountain/1288/29374/

pinkshirtphotos

im throwing trek into the mix. they have this new split pivot technology. designed by dave weagle same guy who designed the dw link so i have faith in the platform. time to start test riding :D

pinkshirtphotos

ok i have found it best build for the money i think, no need for me to buy upgrades
mtb_meta_420.jpg

only thing i dont like is how hard it is to fine a shop that stocks them in the us. i may wind up getting it from go-ride. $2560 is pretty damn good for that build.

http://www.go-ride.com/prod_frames_commencal_07.html#Meta_4

now to start digging for the cash :eek:

pinkshirtphotos

i will never buy a specialized unless i get a super deal on it. they jacked up prices over 100 bux on most of their bikes which is crazy. the commencal price wont change for 08

D

DANSPANK

i will never buy a specialized unless i get a super deal on it. they jacked up prices over 100 bux on most of their bikes which is crazy. the commencal price wont change for 08

Well I do agree with that. Over the last two years the price of a stumpy has just gone crazy. i take it back, don't buy a Stumpjumper unless the lbs gives you a great deal on an '07 model at the end of the season.

Top Bottom