What bike shops have small bikes.

NCHLS.mrz

Howdy All,
I am wondering if anyone knows of any bike shops that tend to carry smaller bikes as well as mediums and larges. All the bike shops in my area (Montclair) only ever have mediums at the smallest which is inconvenient as I am 5ft tall and my dad who is also looking for a bike is about 5’5”. Just wondering if anyone knows which bike shops don’t have this tall people bias. I hope this is the right forum to ask this question in. Thanks in advance.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You might want to look at 27.5 bikes, they tend to fit people better in your height range.

Also if you are spending that much, it would be good to try to gauge what kind of travel you're looking for in suspension. It's good to know what type of trails you ride, are you looking for XC riding, smooth flow, rocks, enduro...

Unfortunately bike shops don't stock a lot of small bikes, it may seem biased but it's more about economics. I know the bigger shops will have a better selection, Marty's, Hilltop, Halters...

NCHLS.mrz

You might want to look at 27.5 bikes, they tend to fit people better in your height range.

Also if you are spending that much, it would be good to try to gauge what kind of travel you're looking for in suspension. It's good to know what type of trails you ride, are you looking for XC riding, smooth flow, rocks, enduro...

Unfortunately bike shops don't stock a lot of small bikes, it may seem biased but it's more about economics. I know the bigger shops will have a better selection, Marty's, Hilltop, Halters...
Cool I’ll go to those shops when things get a little better in terms of the virus. I have a 27.5+ hardtail now. It’s got a 140 pike in the front. Me and my dad are looking to upgrade to full suspension. Personally looking for a bike that’ll be good for the Jersey chunkyness and also jumps well. Just curious did you think I meant 26ers?

thanks

FrankV

Cool I’ll go to those shops when things get a little better in terms of the virus. I have a 27.5+ hardtail now. It’s got a 140 pike in the front. Me and my dad are looking to upgrade to full suspension. Personally looking for a bike that’ll be good for the Jersey chunkyness and also jumps well. Just curious did you think I meant 26ers?

thanks
My recommendation would be to get a fuel ex 8. You could do both 27.5+ and 29, it’s 140 front and 130 rear. Even good for creek if your ever there. The stock 2.6x29 is awesome

Top Bottom