What bike company would you not work for?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I mean, Specialized sued Bicycle Pubes for making fun of the Carbon Hotwalk. That's basically the same thing.
They switched to regular forks/shocks and went to threaded bottom brackets. They made mistakes in the past and learned from them, I haven't heard of them suing anyone lately.

I'm sure you'll feel the same way if the next Tarmac comes with a tapered basic Cane Creek 110 headset.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
They switched to regular forks/shocks and went to threaded bottom brackets. They made mistakes in the past and learned from them, I haven't heard of them suing anyone lately.

I'm sure you'll feel the same way if the next Tarmac comes with a tapered basic Cane Creek 110 headset.

That would be dope. I've had SL7 bearings on backorder since before Covid 🤣🤣🤣

walter

Fourth Party
Kent. I wouldn't work for Kent. My sister won a Kent at the local firemans carnival once. That bike sucked ass.

JerseyPete

I once said that you couldn't pay me enough to work in NYC. I was wrong and I spent about 5 years there and would have been longer if Covid didn't happen. My point is that if you are willing to tolerate all kinds of BS (commute, public transportation, public issues such as demonstrations, homeless, panhandlers, etc) and want good pay, you can't beat NYC. I don't know what you do, but I do EE work and still have headhunters contacting me to work in NYC. It pays high because most people do not want to be there.
I am sure a lot of people on here will say the same. The city sucks, but it pays well. Ask @Paul H . I used to walk by his bike all the time. Although it may not be a "bike" company, Peloton is in NYC.

one piece crank

I once said that you couldn't pay me enough to work in NYC. I was wrong and I spent about 5 years there and would have been longer if Covid didn't happen. My point is that if you are willing to tolerate all kinds of BS (commute, public transportation, public issues such as demonstrations, homeless, panhandlers, etc) and want good pay, you can't beat NYC. I don't know what you do, but I do EE work and still have headhunters contacting me to work in NYC. It pays high because most people do not want to be there.
I am sure a lot of people on here will say the same. The city sucks, but it pays well. Ask @Paul H . I used to walk by his bike all the time. Although it may not be a "bike" company, Peloton is in NYC.
Kudos if you can put up with that. I have a charmed life - I live, work, drive, and ride bikes in the country.

sundaydoug

There's a lot of turnover in this business, especially in sales. If it's a sales position you're after I'd take a hard pass until the supply chain mess starts to clear up. Which won't be for quite some time.

I'll give the same open-ended advice I gave to a friend of mine before he joined this circus of an industry from the outside. Expect lots of aggravation. Expect lots and lots of telling people things they don't want to hear. Don't expect a lot of money.

That advice was applicable before the pandemic. It's much worse now. But hey, at least you'd be dealing with bikes. PM if you want any further advice.

Top Bottom