What area needs armoring at 6MR?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
In a mutually beneficial donation, @JPark has sent a bunch of bluestone to the 6MR materials depot.
They are currently sitting in my very bent trailer at my house. Might be the trailer's last trip.
The slabs are various sizes and thickness - and I have a saw to cut them (TY @r.grate)
Looks like enough to do a couple feet wide by 40' long?

They are heavy - and as a bonus, I broke a finger on my right hand monday, so i can't help move them right now.

I'd rather not move them twice - and the closer i can get to where we put them, the better.

Suggestions?

IMG_0915.JPG

My first thought is between the steel bridge and the blue-red split. Can get close by driving through the property on south middlebush.

PS - i had a dream last night that we were re-routing the approach to the steel bridge away from the water, and two plans were presented.
Need to figure out where the property line is over there.

JDurk

In a mutually beneficial donation, @JPark has sent a bunch of bluestone to the 6MR materials depot.
They are currently sitting in my very bent trailer at my house. Might be the trailer's last trip.
The slabs are various sizes and thickness - and I have a saw to cut them (TY @r.grate)

They are heavy - and as a bonus, I broke a finger on my right hand monday, so i can't help move them right now.

I'd rather not move them twice - and the closer i can get to where we put them, the better.

Suggestions?

View attachment 171206

My first thought is between the steel bridge and the blue-red split. Can get close by driving through the property on south middlebush.

PS - i had a dream last night that we were re-routing the approach to the steel bridge away from the water, and two plans were presented.
Any in the 32"x32" size range? Or (2)pcs to get close to that size. Need for a firepit.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
My back porch bricks didn’t seem to last too long in the area by the steel bridge. Some are still there but it seems like half are missing.

I think the area you are talking about it a good spot. Hopefully they stick around since they are larger. The only other spot is blue right by the canal lot. It’s great in the summer but for 3/4 of the year is slop.

Patrick

Staff member
My back porch bricks didn’t seem to last too long in the area by the steel bridge. Some are still there but it seems like half are missing.

I think the area you are talking about it a good spot. Hopefully they stick around since they are larger. The only other spot is blue right by the canal lot. It’s great in the summer but for 3/4 of the year is slop.

transition from field to the woods?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
under s, middlebush, or is there a secret tunnel?

Under Middlebush. Remember before the big metal bridge was there we used to ride some sketchy trail through the field to the road? Where the bridge is now?

Patrick

Staff member
Under Middlebush. Remember before the big metal bridge was there we used to ride some sketchy trail through the field to the road? Where the bridge is now?

we should have gotten on this when they planned the rebuild of that bridge,
I'll see what is there now.

JPark

Suggestions?

View attachment 171206

I'm glad to see everything arrived in one piece! Probably exceeded the max weight limit for the trailer.

snashters

I've been working on some of the wet spots recently. There's many that can be improved to reduce the maintenance burden, with dirt or stone.
On blue near canal, from here to the raised section behind the camera gets very muddy (a berm would work well on this turn:)):
blue1.jpg

These mud holes seem to reappear regularly :
blue2.jpg

Also, heading from here towards Middlebush, the short section between the end of the long wooden walkway and the bridge over the steam.

Blue along the stream heading to the metal bridge needs to be rerouted away from the stream, I think that would be easier long term.

On the white trail the low lying area just after the wooden bridge heading towards Middlebush.

The "dips" between the concrete bridge & the wooden walkway, they always get muddy.

There's a drainage that runs across red and orange just east of the pipeline. There are cut cedars across the trail on red that have worked well for the last couple of years, but has got worse recently. Orange is not so good.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim

Suggestions?

View attachment 171206

@Patrick Just curious, how do you think these will be when damp? Looks like they have a semi-rough surface so maybe not too slippery?

Patrick

Staff member
Any concrete plans for this? I have some time off work over the next few weeks & can help out.

not yet - but i'm getting the side-eye from my wife with the trailer parked where it is.....

will post up - thanks for reaching out.

Patrick

Staff member
And six months later, the stone is in the materials depot at 6MR.
My finger is much better, although it is still numb and the nail has not grown totally out.

the issue with making them a sidewalk is they will get pressed into the mud, and end up being a dam.
Gotta pick the right place - which is probably the area near the blue/red split.

1656356424110.png

serviceguy

And six months later, the stone is in the materials depot at 6MR.
My finger is much better, although it is still numb and the nail has not grown totally out.

the issue with making them a sidewalk is they will get pressed into the mud, and end up being a dam.
Gotta pick the right place - which is probably the area near the blue/red split.

View attachment 187575
How thick are they? Don't they need to be backed by an even support in order not to crack and then get pushed around? On a side note I need a new fireplace hearth...J/K I'm going with a single blue stone slab.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions