What are your biking goals for 2007?

Mike679

My realistic goals:

- Ride a little further than last year
- Ride a little faster than last year
- More saddle time(trail, trainer, rail trail w/ the kids -anything involving pedaling)
- Ride the Allamuchy 50k and just finish
- Maybe do one XC race
- Convert one of my old hardtails to SS and give that a try

Well, I met a few of my goals, I think:

- I have ridden further - all of my MTB rides were definitely longer than last year.
- Not sure about faster, though.
- Got more saddle time by virtue of road miles.
- No Allamuchy 50k.
- XC race aint happenin'.
- No SS for me this year. Instead I threw slicks on one of the old bikes and discovered that I actually enjoy road riding and hope to get a road bike, maybe next year. So by not pursuing one goal, I was able to improve upon another (more saddle time).

All-in-all a good year so far. The trappings of kids, work, commuting, etc. has put a bit of a limit on riding time, but I've been getting rides in where I can. Had a few surprise things this year like going to Diablo,getting my three-year-old his first bike, and gaining 10 pounds (muscle mass, I'm sure...). Also started using the GPS this year. Last year's surprise was a third kid.

Going to the enjoy the fall and am looking forward to winter riding. Hope we have a winter like last year, but doubt we'll be so lucky.

xc62701

My goals for this year were:

1)Complete the Campmor H2H Series and be in the top 10 overall
2)Complete a road race
3)Complete a 100 mile race
4)Get on the podium for the 24 H of Allamuchy
5)Complete a Triathlon
6)Complete a Running Race

#1 - I'm currently fighting for 4th or 5th for my class in the series
#2 - Check - Tour de Lake Hopatcong
#3 - Check - Wilderness 101
#4 - So close - 4th at Allamuchy
#5 - Check - Completed the Wyckoff and Greenwood Lake Tris
#6 - Check - Completed the Hoboken Harriers 5 mile run

Bonus:
Road Trip to Whistler BC to Downhill and XC
Competed at the MTB Nationals in VT
1st Place at the first ever MTB race in NYC - Highbridge Park
2 3rd Place finishes in the H2H series
Completed my first STXC event

Upcoming:
2 Remaining H2H races
Mountain Man Duathlon
909 Night Race
1st Cross Race

I'm really happy with the way things have gone this season. I was really intimidated about the move from sport to expert and it has gone better than I thought. I am riding more consistent but still really not "training." That's the next step. I'm going to commit to a rigorous training schedule and see what awaits next year. This year I've done rides - next year will have a lot more integrated and documented training.

Top Bottom