What are your biking goals for 2007?

walter

Fourth Party
Blue Marsh is a lake in pa. I have never been there but from what I understand its a pretty cool loop around the lake , something like 25+ miles of nice single and double track. If anyone else has been there perhaps they can chime in. Its in Readington, which is not that far of a drive, but the car ride plus ride itself would take the better part of a day.

PatrickBrown

Blue Marsh is a lake in pa. I have never been there but from what I understand its a pretty cool loop around the lake , something like 25+ miles of nice single and double track. If anyone else has been there perhaps they can chime in. Its in Readington, which is not that far of a drive, but the car ride plus ride itself would take the better part of a day.

I have been to blue marsh several times, with Chris G and others, not since probably 1999 though.

in my opinion, the place is awesome. its 24plus around, we used to go around 2 times. 1 lap was usually around 2 hours. very fast pace, rolling, man it was awesome.

I'd definately be up for going out there, after I get a bike with gears, and after I get into some shape again

Pat

ArmyOfNone

I have been thinking about this for a couple of days now. I dont think that i have the experience needed to say that i want to improve upon things. I really do not have much to compare it to.

I am really lookin forward to this season. I would like to do a few races, Travel to find some good riding, ride as much as i can, and continue to meet all you great fellas.

I think meeting all of you is what makes this all so much fun. :sniffle sniffle:

Molasses

Actually it is a GRRREEEAATTT SS Trail!

Hope to be riding more with Gary.:D

I have been to blue marsh several times, with Chris G and others, not since probably 1999 though.

in my opinion, the place is awesome. its 24plus around, we used to go around 2 times. 1 lap was usually around 2 hours. very fast pace, rolling, man it was awesome.

I'd definately be up for going out there, after I get a bike with gears, and after I get into some shape again

Pat

Just pick the right gear!

clutch

Average 2 rides after work and 1 on the weekend.
Perform trail maintanance at least once
race ringwood or allamuchy
Boston road trip (Lynn and Vietnam)
Trip to Diablo
Vermont or ADK Road trip
Get my two novice firends from high school out on the trail more.
Ride more with people that challenge me and less on my own

I think it would be cool if everyone revisited this thread and edited their posts to reflect what they do accomplish. Maybe by underlining adding an x to what they've accomplished. It'd be nice if this thread ended up being longer than the winter shoes thread ;-)

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I would not say such things if i were you.

hmm maybe that line should have been in the quote thread
Prince Humperdink.:D

Of course, the classic, "Inconceivable!" has to be cited as well.

I could put a bunch more here, but I won't hog all the fun.

clutch

I would not say such things if i were you.

hmm maybe that line should have been in the quote thread

I guess I was just saying I thought this was a good thread and it would be nice to see it go the distance. Honestly, I knew that thread was long, but didn't realize it had gotten that long.

C

CD1134

Goals

Goal 1: Actually ride this season; my bike hung upside down from the garage ceiling all of 2006. Special thanks to my employer for having me travel so much last year (sarcasm)!!

Goal 2: Get back to the basics: steel hardtail.

Goal 3: Start checking this forum daily (like I used to).

Goal 4: Ride to work at least once this spring/summer.

Goal 5: Complete goals 1 through 4

1) Ride at least two nights a week after work and at least once on the weekends - Road or MTB as the schedule allows

2) Finish at least 5 of the H2H Series races and place top 10 in my age and class

3) Ride Ringwood more often! And ride CR without dabbing too often

4) Become a faster overall rider and a better climber

5) Figure out how to billy-goat obstacles like Ron

6) Lose 30 pounds or so along the way

it all seems so simple...putting it in writing makes it look really scary:(

NJ Jess

Awesome! Way to go!

1) Ride at least two nights a week after work and at least once on the weekends - Road or MTB as the schedule allows

2) Finish at least 5 of the H2H Series races and place top 10 in my age and class

3) Ride Ringwood more often! And ride CR without dabbing too often

4) Become a faster overall rider and a better climber

5) Figure out how to billy-goat obstacles like Ron

6) Lose 30 pounds or so along the way

it all seems so simple...putting it in writing makes it look really scary:(

GREAT OBJECTIVES! You post and you ride therefore I'm sure you will succeed in your goals this year. I've won the Sport women's 35+ cat the last two years with a difinite battle for first this past year. I hope a few riders step up to the plate and push the envelope to the NINE races Campmor H2H has to offer. I'm moving to Sport womens SS because I really want someone else to enjoy the limelite. Please come to some of the All Girls Day rides so we can increase your skills,..for the race and just for fun. It really is so much more fun to ride and race with your friends,...heck,...just ask the guys. Great Goals!

clutch

__Average 2 rides after work and 1 on the weekend.
X_Perform trail maintanance at least once
X_race ringwood or allamuchy
X_Boston road trip (Lynn and Vietnam)
__Trip to Diablo
__Vermont or ADK Road trip
__Get my two novice friends from high school out on the trail more.
__Ride more with people that challenge me and less on my own

How's everyone else doing?
Other than riding vietnam, racing LM, and doing TM at Ramapo, I'd say I'm falling a bit short myself.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I didn't post originally but my goals were:

Do these Races
Darkhorse 40, 24 Allamuchy, 24 Churn N Burn & All-A-Muchy.
Did the 1st three and saved by the bell on the All-A-Muchy ;)

Ride in new places
So far I tried: Sourlands, Chimeny Rock, KSVP, Deer Park, Sprain, Diablo

but I am falling behind on this one, I am still missing: Ninham, Plattekill & Hunter.

Top Bottom