What are you watching now?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone watch Severance? I started it this afternoon and just finished it, lol. It's kinda weird at first, but it's really fucking good.
First few episodes were kind of a drag to get through, but once I got past them I burned through the rest and then googled when season 2 was coming out.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Watched all of Trainwreck: Woodstock '99 on Netflix.
Holy
Fucking
Shitballs

I graduated college in '99 and I'm fairly certain that somebody I know from HS or college was there.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We watched the first two episodes.

#nostalgia

I can't believe they just ignored Rage Against the Machine and Metallica though. They went on after Limp Bizkit Saturday night and were amazing. There were fireworks going of the whole walk back to the tent area after Metallica closed. I guess nothing crazy happened during their sets, so it didn't fit with the theme of the documentary.

serviceguy

I don’t usually partake in this thread. Well, today is the day that I violate a sacred family tradition to share the info that Northman is a pile of hot steaming norsecrap!

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don’t usually partake in this thread. Well, today is the day that I violate a sacred family tradition to share the info that Northman is a pile of hot steaming norsecrap!
giphy.gif

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
Watch the Last Kingdom if you haven't on Netflix. 5 seasons of really good action and good stories. Originally a book series adapted to the screen. This will give you your Viking fix.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So i posted ON-J passed :(
------
This made me smile -

Walter Konig is still around and doing the talk circuit with Shatner.
If you are watching Strange New Worlds, the prequel to the original Star Trek,
i'm sure they'll pull him in eventually.
(Bab5 mention, just to be complete.)

While SNW tries to stick with/explain ST canon, Star Trek Discovery tries to expand it.
Both good if you like the genre. Watching both.

Bikeworks

So i posted ON-J passed :(
------
This made me smile -

Walter Konig is still around and doing the talk circuit with Shatner.
If you are watching Strange New Worlds, the prequel to the original Star Trek,
i'm sure they'll pull him in eventually.
(Bab5 mention, just to be complete.)

While SNW tries to stick with/explain ST canon, Star Trek Discovery tries to expand it.
Both good if you like the genre. Watching both.

SNW has been very, very good. Not only is it (mostly) traditional Trek format (episodic), the writing has been very good. Can't say the same for Disco. First season hooked me in, second was just OK, I had to stop halfway through the third as it just became too (sorry) woke. All for Trek tweaking your comfort zone and challenging your views, but Disco is just so....try hard? And the writing is weak shit, IMO.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
SNW has been very, very good. Not only is it (mostly) traditional Trek format (episodic), the writing has been very good. Can't say the same for Disco. First season hooked me in, second was just OK, I had to stop halfway through the third as it just became too (sorry) woke. All for Trek tweaking your comfort zone and challenging your views, but Disco is just so....try hard? And the writing is weak shit, IMO.
The wokeness was pretty crazy while trying to watch Discovery.

And wtf, were they desperate for a crew in that century because clearly they didn't have physical fitness requirements for the crew.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Finally watched dr strange and the multiverse of madness.
Best easter egg, although very in-yo-face, was the play on The Golden Harp and a bit of Fantasia: Sorcerer's Apprentice.
It is Disney....along with 100 other "things' - again, questioning where Spiderman shoots his web from (think about a real spider!)

1660134415908.png

Just finished The Old Man S1
Up to date on Better Call Saul - 1 left?

ebarker9

I can't remember if it's been mentioned previously, but we watched Season 8 of "Alone" a couple of weeks ago. It's a History Channel show but the 8th season is currently on Netflix. If you're unfamiliar, it's a survival reality competition show, but it's a pretty honest take on survival without most of the usual reality TV nonsense. It's kind of "Survivorman" with multiple participants in different sites and the way that it's filmed and presented is very deliberate but engrossing. Definitely recommend.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Anyone watch the Better Call Saul finale? Good stuff. I was having a conversation with my brother about hw I wanted it to go after last weeek's episode and it pretty much delivered 100% of what I was hoping for. Also pretty happy to see that both Odenkirk and Giancarlo Esposito will be back on AMC in new series soon (unrelated to the "Breaking Bad" universe, which I think is good - this felt like a very satisfying final chapter on that.)

Also, kind of intrigued about "Moonhaven". Anyone watch any of it? I know the first seaosn is now available in full on AMC+ and there is a scheduled second season in the works.

Top Bottom