What are you watching now?

Netflix: Maid

A story of bravery and resolve. About 5 episodes in.
If you read about it, you know the ending -

theres a second season? will have to put it on the list then i guess.

we just finished travelers on amazon prime, we enjoyed it, not sure it would be for everyone.

Colin in Black and White
on Netflix - 4 part series. Easy binge.

Colin Kaepernick discussing growing up, and his memories of racial disparities.
Some recent, and historical examples of racism, and discussion of microaggression.

His mom can't cook, but understands what she doesn't understand.

Kinda moves ya all over the place - ya get pissed at him, then you are on his side,
then you wonder WTF. and if we have made any progress?

Watch it - don't yell at the TV.
His ice cream flavor is the best I've ever had.
PXL_20211104_224517482.jpg

Just watched the season 1 finale for Foundation. Overall, I really enjoyed the season. I won't go into any detail in case anyone plans to stream it. Just one small thing about the finale: Brother Day is really, REALLY good at revenge.

Every episode of the new Dexter is getting better and better. New series mayor of Kingstown is really good too only 3 epsidoes out so far

I've only watched the first episode of the new Dexter, but I had the same issue that I had with the original series. It's so over the top cheesy, especially the "bad guys". Ridiculous caricature of a spoiled frat guy that needs to buy a more impressive gun than his friends. Corny flashbacks of his sister. Michael C Hall is still great, I just wish that a lot of the supporting elements were a bit better.

The Wheel of Time - this has been really good through 4 episodes.

What We Do in the Shadows - season 3 has been good, a few episodes are goddamn brilliant.

Bordertown - just finished season 1 and this was good. In Finnish.

Succession - just started season 3, very good start to the season.

I've only watched the first episode of the new Dexter, but I had the same issue that I had with the original series. It's so over the top cheesy, especially the "bad guys". Ridiculous caricature of a spoiled frat guy that needs to buy a more impressive gun than his friends. Corny flashbacks of his sister. Michael C Hall is still great, I just wish that a lot of the supporting elements were a bit better.
I wasn't impressed with the first episode but it has definitely gotten much better with each one since . The fourth one aired last night and it is bringing you much closer to the way the original series was.

South Park Post Covid

as usual they have all sorts of references to past episodes, other movies, current events, and alt culture.
totally kid not-friendly, and NSFW. Brilliant.
Seems to be a part 1 of xx.
Yup, they killed Kenny,

emojipng.com-3615473.png

Last edited:

What We Do in the Shadows - season 3 has been good, a few episodes are goddamn brilliant.

Wheel of time has really been impressing me just based on the trying to bring the scope of the books into a TV show. I didn't expect it to be exactly like the books but I'm definitely on board.
Also started Travelers on Netflix, which they apparently canceled after 3 seasons. Time travel, fixing the future, overall entertaining.

I haven't watched The Wheel of Time yet - I'm waiting until I can stream it all, but I'm definitely going to check that one out. Glad to hear it's living up to the hype. Succession is probably the only show I currently watch when it's actually aired. I love this show - not one single person in the entire cast is even a tiny bit likeable. I've thought this season has been really good, with one or two episodes really standing out. Tom has been great this season. Other than that, I was watching a few shows on Apple TV but not much else - Foundation (good first season - I prefer the storyline at the Palace over the one at Terminus, but that's probably by design right now), The Morning Show (good but a bit too over the top) and Invasion (kind of ... meh ... maybe two of the four storylines are good, the others drag it all down.)

A bit off-topic because it's not a current show, but I read that they're is a development deal for Children of Time - no details beyond that so not sure if it's a series thing or a standalone film. I only read that it was optioned. Personally, I think of all Tchaicovsky's work, Cage of Souls is probably best suited to a movie or series (the new Final Architects series will probably be optioned at some point, too, but I think Cage of Souls would be like nothing else ever put on film.) I think the fact that so much of Children is focused on spiders who communicate through vibrations presents some interesting problems for translating it to the screen. I'll probably approach this one with the same cautious optimism as I am the Three Body Problem series.

My wife and i both enjoyed travelers which we recently finished.

We are watching wheel of time as it pops up to watch.

I am watching the new dexter episodes, the first couple were slow to get going, but they have picked up.

South Park Post Covid

as usual they have all sorts of references to past episodes, other movies, current events, and alt culture.
totally kid not-friendly, and NSFW. Brilliant.
Seems to be a part 1 of xx.
Yup, they killed Kenny,
Watched it last Night it was alright, pretty slow but lots of funny lines and trying to figure out who all the grown up characters were was fun. Cartmen's kids had me cracking up evrytime they open their mouths.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom