What are you watching now?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We watched the 1984 version of Dune last night. I haven't seen it in a long time, though I did just re-read the book. My wife had never seen it. She enjoyed it and didn't think it was that hard to follow. I still think it's good, but man, the special effects do not hold up at all.

Skip to the one minute mark and be prepared to laugh:

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Holy shit.

Did I just watch Special Agent Dale Cooper and Captain Picard turn into Roblox and fight? That's fucking brilliant.

Lol, so we also just finished up watching Twin Peaks, as neither of us had ever seen it. I guess David Lynch is known for re-casting actors in multiple movies, as we recognized at least 3-4 others that were in it.

And I actually forgot that Patrick Stewart was in Dune. Sting is in it too, but he only has like 4-5 lines of dialogue. The rest of the time he's just standing around with his shirt off flexing his muscles.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lol, so we also just finished up watching Twin Peaks, as neither of us had ever seen it.

Curious how this holds up now. I am always interested in watching it again, but I fear it might seem really bad all these years later.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Curious how this holds up now. I am always interested in watching it again, but I fear it might seem really bad all these years later.

We liked it at first, but as it went on it got sillier and sillier. We still finished it and watched the movie, but we haven't seen the third season that came out a few years ago yet. I think we both enjoyed it overall, but yeah, it got kinda dumb at a certain point.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We liked it at first, but as it went on it got sillier and sillier. We still finished it and watched the movie, but we haven't seen the third season that came out a few years ago yet. I think we both enjoyed it overall, but yeah, it got kinda dumb at a certain point.

I never bothered with that 3rd season. I thought it was great to start then it really devolved into a lot of, "WTF is going on?" And truth be told I was doing plenty of drugs when I saw it the first time. Yet. still really bizarre.

iman29

We randomly found Bloodline on Netflix.

It has a bunch of B actors in it you might recognize but also Cissy Spacek (of Carrie fame among others).

There’s a lot of episodes we are about 7-8 deep on season 1. Good twists and turns once you catch onto the flash forward flash back sequences.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok all you cool cats and kittens - here come the train wreck sequel..

Honestly not sure what they could show that would be of interest at this point. The story has totally went to Dumpster Fire mode as far as I can tell.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
FInished 9 Perfect Strangers last night - somewhat of an abrupt ending, but not too bad.

Started watching Foundation - but starting a 1:30 minute episode at 10:45 wasn't a good idea -
will start again.

On episode 6 of clickbait. I feel it is obvious who the evil genius is in this one.

Only Murders is a good watch. think i'm 5 in or so. Saw the Sting one. That was great.

Morning Show is back!

couple more - Lasso, Corman

Of course with STL in the wildcard race, a good block of time is dedicated to baseball.
Which has been very, very good to me.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
If you actually figured it out...actually yeah no, you didn't.

That is what i'm looking forward to!

Has the character been introduced? I guess that is too much of a spoiler if the answer is no -

--
also watching Why Women Kill #2.

roc

I'ma couple episodes in.

Just finished Midnight Mass on netflix - train wreck, couldn't stop although it was horrible.

well - that was unexpected.
I watched that midnight mass also, the whole thing in a few days. I concur, it was awful.

Top Bottom