What are you watching now?

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
So this creates mixed emotions ... on the one hand, the Three Body Problem Trilogy is one of my all-time favorite works of fiction and to have it adapted to TV as a series is an ambitious idea. As a series, it could be the most epic television undertaking of all time. But on the other hand, it is going to require an equally unimaginable budget or it'll miss the mark. Moreover, Benioff and Weiss? Their track record for bringing it all home is, well, *not great*. The one obvious difference here is that they have completed source material to work from vs. GoT. But I'm still concerned. I think someone like Ridley Scott would handle this better. And I'll be curious to see if they whitewash it - this is a Chinese story where all the major characters are from China. I hope they respect that.

1speed

I was watching "Lone Wolf McQuade" on some channel today while eating lunch. In the first ten minutes, he indiscriminately fires a Tec-9 at a bunch of unarmed criminals who are running away and posing no immediate threat, then immediately after waking up the next morning takes target practice with a sawed-off in his front yard before driving 70 mph down the center line of a highway while chugging a beer. Before the day is over, he's severely beaten multiple civilians and always has a beer in his hand.

Being a cop in Texas looks awesome.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just watched Social Dilemma on Netflix. That’s some scary shit. I think we all know that Google and Facebook and other social media apps make $ by collecting and selling info about you. That’s not news. What’s scary is how much they have, how persuasive they are, how fucked kids are, and how much of an impact these things have on society as a whole. Even if you don’t use any of them, you can’t really escape.

Danimal

The VelociPastor. It's free on Amazon Prime. I have no words. If you have an hour and ten minutes of your life that you'll wish you could get back afterwards, watch this movie. Definitely don't read anything about it first, although the title does give away most of the movie.
i watched that long time ago. There was so much potential, but the acting was just too god awful to make it worthwhile. Attack of the killer donuts and zombeaver are another 2 garbage movies if you're bored

Mahnken

I just watched Social Dilemma on Netflix. That’s some scary shit. I think we all know that Google and Facebook and other social media apps make $ by collecting and selling info about you. That’s not news. What’s scary is how much they have, how persuasive they are, how fucked kids are, and how much of an impact these things have on society as a whole. Even if you don’t use any of them, you can’t really escape.
Watched it the other day. Think I'm going to delete my Facebook account. And I'm making a serious effort to never have a phone in my hands when the kids are around. I don't want them thinking that this thing is such an important piece of life that it needs to be present constantly.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Last Dance

Wow, this is fantastic. This is a lot of stuff I watched back in the day. So for me, this is an amazing stroll down memory lane. I watched every game of those last 2 championship runs in the playoffs. Was not a Bulls fan but I couldn't help root for them, as it was amazing what the guy was on the court.

1speed

I like me some SyFy, and both of these new HBO shows are highly captivating, and on a weekly episode release schedule.

Lovecraft Country
View attachment 138912

Raised by Wolves (Ridley Scott)
View attachment 138913

I've been watching Raised by Wolves, too. Pretty good stuff. I find it funny that I am waaaaaay more creeped out by the Mithraic "believers" than the android that can make humans explode with a scream or thosee freaky alien things. (BTW, the Mithraic religion is actually real. They worshipped the Iranian god of the sun, Mithras, in the pre-Zoroastrian Roman Empire.)

Also watching The Boys Season 2, but I'm kind of pissed that they're only releasing one episode per week.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We just watched The Karate Kid, possibly for the first time in 30 years. Surprisingly, I feel like it holds up, except for some of the obviously 80's fabulous bits. Seeing Sedona on the cross country montage in the beginning was great, and when they make it to California, Happy Gilmore's grandma said she's from Parsippany, and we lol'd hard.

jackx

Tour de France, stage 17. Grenoble to Col de la Loze (168km). This is a new climb (Hors Categorie) and concludes on a paved bike path.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Banff Mountain Film Festival is available for streaming this year.
Available through 10/17

We kicked it off tonight with the Blue program.

2020 Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival World Tour is Going Virtual!
September 16 - October 17, 2020

To our New York Friends -

If you missed our live screenings at Symphony Space in February/March 2020, this is your opportunity to see the best films from this year’s tour, all in the comfort, convenience, and health safety of your home… with “free” drinks and no lines at the bar! Unfortunately, there will be no sock "throw-outs" or listening to Barbara Oldhan on the Alphorn!

If you did attend one or both screenings, here’s a chance for you (your family and pod friends) to see the films again or see the films you missed!

The films are organized into three separate categories for viewing. There is a – Red program, a Blue program and a Green program.​

Tickets​

Tickets for renting one or more of the three menus of films are available online (see below) anytime between September 16 through October 17. From your initial date of purchase, you will have a 72-hour window (three days) to view the films. You will also have the option of renting the bundle of all 3 film menus which will then give you a 7-day rental period. During either the 3 or 7 day timeframe, you can view the films as many times as you like.

The best solution (and the one I plan to do) is not to purchase the bundle but instead just purchase one program at a time. This would then give you the option of choosing the three different days that are most convenient to watch each of the three different film menus during the entire 30-day period.

Ticket prices are $15 per program, $40 for a bundle of all three. If you decide to purchase the three film menus individually, the cost is $45. When you purchase your film menu ticket, you will receive a link which will enable you to login and enjoy the films at your convenience.

To purchase one to three film menu tickets go to: https://filmfest.banffcentre.ca/?campaign=WT-158205

To see the Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival Magazine, 48 pages of stories about this year’s and past films, filmmakers and athletes, go to
https://issuu.com/thebanffcentre/docs/banff_centre_mountain_film_festival_world_tour_mag

Last edited:

Mahnken

Just finished watching Public Trust on YouTube. How you vote matters. Now more than ever. Keep the great outdoors great.

Top Bottom