What are you watching now?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Finished Season 2 of Why Women Kill
The ending was excellent.

Up to date for Foundation, and The Morning Show

If you liked The West Wing or The Newsroom, The Morning Show is a good choice.

Got my Squid Games on. Watch Korean with English Subtitles. The English voice over is horribly inflected.
They used the team from the martial arts movies. (Good call @JimN ^^^ ?)

Dune drops in a week - first half of a two-parter. Spice!

Stopped watching Mr Corman. Too F'in depressing. Even when it looks like something is going to break his way,
he (or someone else) torpedos it. Yeah, spoiler.

Nomadland was a quasi-documentary on an alternate life style. Somewhat requires opening the mind to the struggles of people living that way by choice.
Common values in the community, and how they support each other? I'm not sure "like" is something i'd apply to that genre. The story is compelling.
I wasn't going to turn it off. Felt I learned something tho.

rick81721

Lothar
Watched the first episode of Squid Game last night. The main character "456" is such a horrible character and actor I was really hoping he would be the first to die. Not sure I can get thru another episode of his ridiculous acting.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Watched the first episode of Squid Game last night. The main character "456" is such a horrible character and actor I was really hoping he would be the first to die. Not sure I can get thru another episode of his ridiculous acting.

Don't watch the rest of it. It's such a waste of time.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
so i got a free trial for hulu and immediately binged all of season one of The Great. Absolutely LOVED it! Although, I messed up and started the free trial before i realized that season 2 was coming out literally days after the free month is up... so i guess i have to wait for another free trial promo. (not really sure there's enough on hulu to really consider a subscription... although, there is MASH and that's one of the best shows ever!)

also started watching What We Do In The Shadows (also with this free trial on hulu) because of a friend's recommendation... and i thought it was going to be something really stupid where i wouldn't even be able to get thru the first episode... but it's really funny! and definitely the break i needed from some of the heavier shows i've been watching lately.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Colin in Black and White
on Netflix - 4 part series. Easy binge.

Colin Kaepernick discussing growing up, and his memories of racial disparities.
Some recent, and historical examples of racism, and discussion of microaggression.

His mom can't cook, but understands what she doesn't understand.

Kinda moves ya all over the place - ya get pissed at him, then you are on his side,
then you wonder WTF. and if we have made any progress?

Watch it - don't yell at the TV.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
not really sure there's enough on hulu to really consider a subscription

I was going to recommend What We Do in the Shadows, but you found it.

Letterkenny is also on Hulu.

I would also highly recommend Shadow in the Clouds, which is on Hulu. It is tagged as SciFi/Horror but I would almost call it comedic gold. It is just so bad in the last half, and trends worse and worse every 5 minutes or so, when they bring out 1 comic relief element after another - unintentionally I guess? The final scene where she beats the gremlin to death with its own broken arm is the cherry on top...until there is 1 last scene that adds yet another cherry.

It's only like 1:20 long. This is something @JimN should watch too, because I feel like he likes so-bad-it's-good stuff and this is up there.

walter

Fourth Party
Not a tv guy but watched all of Dopesick so far. I like it a lot, although it kinda makes me angry.
And i unfortunately got roped in on a rainy day and watched all of Midnight Mass with the kid. Way too churchy. And agreed, it was awful.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is something @JimN should watch too, because I feel like he likes so-bad-it's-good stuff and this is up there.

We just watched it, good stuff. I'm imagining two kids in film school getting stoned and watching that Twilight Zone episode with Captain Kirk for the first time and one of them is like, "dude, hold my beer." Melinda didn't recognize her, but that was the girl from Kick-Ass.

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
Foundation on Apple TV. This is visually stunning along with a very interesting story; I couldn't stop watching it over the weekend.
I'm really excited for the first season of Wheel of Time, coming to Amazon prime on the 19th. Based on what I've seen it should do the books justice.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm really excited for the first season of Wheel of Time, coming to Amazon prime on the 19th. Based on what I've seen it should do the books justice.

I'm mixed on this. Back in the day I loved that series but man after like book 8 or 9 it just got so dumb. I will probably give it a shot but I am proceeding with caution.

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
I'm mixed on this. Back in the day I loved that series but man after like book 8 or 9 it just got so dumb. I will probably give it a shot but I am proceeding with caution.
I've read and listened to it a few times. There at parts that drag but overall you won't be disappointed. Check out the trailer for the show, looks really good.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Colin in Black and White
on Netflix - 4 part series. Easy binge.

Colin Kaepernick discussing growing up, and his memories of racial disparities.
Some recent, and historical examples of racism, and discussion of microaggression.

His mom can't cook, but understands what she doesn't understand.

Kinda moves ya all over the place - ya get pissed at him, then you are on his side,
then you wonder WTF. and if we have made any progress?

Watch it - don't yell at the TV.
Watched this over the weekend with @ANWJrWill and @MrsMadisonDan.... yeah. I concur. Worth watching...

so i got a free trial for hulu

Letterkenny is also on Hulu.
This..
Also.. Archer.

Top Bottom