What are you watching now?

I just paid $3 to watch a movie where Daniel Radcliffe has guns drilled/bolted to his hands, and that was pretty much the least unbelievable thing that happened in the movie.
Did you watch Swiss Army Man yet? Daniel Radcliffe is in it too. Totally bonkers. It's like Weekend at Bernie's meets Castaway.

Did you watch Swiss Army Man yet? Daniel Radcliffe is in it too. Totally bonkers. It's like Weekend at Bernie's meets Castaway.

Haha, yeah we discussed that on here a ways back when I saw it. That scene where he gets ridden like a speedboat ??

Because we'll watch anything with Daniel Radcliffe in it apparently. He's been doing some really off the wall shit lately, presumably because he's got that Harry Potter FU money and can do whatever he wants.

He sure has - have you seen Swiss Army Man yet?? Gotta check out Guns Akimbo

The discussion around Swiss Army Man.

Currently juggling 3 shows in rotation:
Bordertown- really well done Nordic noir, but you have to read subtitles and really pay attention. They give you all the details, but don’t wrap it up neatly like the last 2 minutes of a scooby doo episode. We are often doing post-mortem the next day putting it all together.

Space Force- I think it was @rlb didn’t love this? It’s good for what it is. Michael Scott running a space program, with a bonus of John Malkovich who is just excellent.
This might just segue into The Office because Mrs Manic hasn’t seen that yet.

Dexter- finally getting to this, and is in heavy rotation. This is thanks to @Norm, and I told him it’s like a period piece now- urrrryone got flip phones. Lol.

Watching Broadchurch on Netflix

it is a twisted crime drama where everyone is lying. Everyone!
Even if telling the truth it is twisted into a lie. It starts out as 1 crime thread and expands.
British, so there are a few words that need translation. Not too bad.
Couple episodes into season 2 - the actual crimes are difficult, because it deals with missing/murdered children.

it is a roller coaster that loses a car every so often, but the remaining ones forge forward.
Trust no one.
. This was good series. Try Bloodline on Netflix if you want more twisted lying and crime drama.

Space Force- I think it was @rlb didn’t love this? It’s good for what it is. Michael Scott running a space program, with a bonus of John Malkovich who is just excellent.
This might just segue into The Office because Mrs Manic hasn’t seen that yet.

Yeah that was me, though to be fair I didn't give it a chance beyond episode 1. But it just felt like it was trying too hard to be exactly that, Michael Scott in the space force. I think the voice was the thing that really did it for me. Get Mrs. Manic on The Office before it drops off Netflix!

Just watched King of Staten Island.

Moving, funny, self-realization.
A little insight into mental illness/behavioral issues - both from the inside,
and different views from the outside.

Some famous faces in the crowd.

If you grew up "here" - the whole attitude will be very real.

Been watching Bordertown on Netflix. Most of the episode I am half paying attention but then I get roped in again at the end. Not a great recommendation but that's what I am watching.

And the new Unsolved Mysteries!

I’m 2 episodes in and have no idea what the fuck is going on . I watched season 1 and 2 into that long ago so I don’t think I forgot too much.
It’s a 50-50 chance that I make it through.

I totally get this and found season 2 almost impossible to follow. But I still think the first 2 seasons were awesome.

@jShort @Norm

Dark condensed S1&S2 recap. Listen carefully, he sticks some zingers in there.
Plus if you weren't sure, this clears some stuff up.

Back
Top Bottom