The Kalmyk

Where: Dalailamaru Youtube channel
Date: May 16/17
Time: 10:30pm both nights

General life guidance and prayer by the Dalai Lama himself

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Finished S3 ozark. Really good. Some predictable, some out of nowhere. Looking forward to the future seasons.

working through final dance. Pippin is an ass.

next up?

Robin

Taking break from Netflix.

Binge watching Seth’s Bike Hacks and new Channel Berm Peak. Watching how he is building trails on his property makes. I actually like seeing all the carpentry.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Taking break from Netflix.

Binge watching Seth’s Bike Hacks and new Channel Berm Peak. Watching how he is building trails on his property makes. I actually like seeing all the carpentry.
Welcome subscriber :) Seth is probably one of the best.
I have weeded through and have a pretty good rotation of subscribe set up for mountain bike pleasure. One day I will give a ranking.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just started Bordertown-
We love our Nordic Noir, and this seems like it won’t disappoint.
I also like their model-
Looks like each season is broken down into sets of chapters/episodes dedicated to different crimes (2-4 epis per).
I think I like this better than a plot line running an entire season, or getting neatly wrapped up each episode.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Finished S3 ozark. Really good. Some predictable, some out of nowhere. Looking forward to the future seasons.

working through final dance. Pippin is an ass.

next up?

I was going to ask if anyone watched The Last Dance on here. Aside from his comment on doing the same thing again w.r.t. his decision to sit and pout in the last second of a playoff game because he didn't get the final shot, I didn't think there was anything Pippen did to make him seem like an ass. I think Jordan threw him under the bus a bit - calling him "selfish" for sitting out in the beginning of the '98 season was laughable when you consider that Jordan actually walked away from a dynasty at his peak to pursue a hobby. Pippen had legit reasons for doing what he did - why would he give up his summer to recover from a surgery for a team that clearly undervalued him by orders of magnitude? Plus there was the implication that without Jordan, Pippen wouldn't have become a star. That's bullshit - Pippen was a revolutionary player (he pretty much invented the position of point forward) and while playing with Jordan certainly made him better, you could say the same in reverse as well: without the ball handling and match-up problems Pippen created, Jordan would have never had half the looks he had.

Overall, I thought the whole thing was an entertaining puff piece. Jordan didn't allow anything really negative about himself to be included there. I'd have preferred a much more candid and neutral documentary, but for what it was it held my interest. ESPN has a few things coming up I want to see - it'll be interesting to see if the Lance Armstrong one brings anything new to the table, and I'm really excited for the one on the McGwire/Sosa HR chase from '98. There's a personal element to that one for me (one of the last things I did with my father before he had a debilitating stroke was watch McGwire hit his 50th at Shea) plus I look forward to seeing Sosa looking like an extra from the Dominican remake of Interview with the Vampire. Seems like all it took was a global pandemic to make ESPN worth watching. Who knew?

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
If you've been on this forum long enough, you may recall me repping Fringe back when it was being broadcast (2008-2013). I was a totally dedicated fan and stuck with it until FX decided to move it to 10PM on Friday, mid-way through season 4 if I recall correctly. Not having a DVR at the time, and not often being able to sit in front of my TV at 10 o'clock on Friday night, I never finished watching the last season and a half.

Anyway, I decided about a month ago, to start it from the beginning, and this time to see it through, since I'm no longer constrained by broadcast times. It's streaming on IMDB TV, which is available through Amazon Prime. 5 seasons, 20 episodes per season, so it's a commitment. I don't usually watch more than one episode in a given day, so I've got plenty of days ahead of me

So far, I'm 5 episodes into season 2, and probably enjoying it even more than I did the first time around.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
That sounds like, "Let me know if you wanted to throw the TV through the window too when it ended."
I know this was what occurred with Lost, another J.J. Abrams project that I never watched.

I never heard the same wailing and gnashing of teeth regarding Fringe, though I also don't think it had nearly the viewership of Lost.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I never heard the same wailing and gnashing of teeth regarding Fringe, though I also don't think it had nearly the viewership of Lost.

It wasn't horrible, long, and drawn out like Lost, it just gets a bit weird. To be honest, I don't even remember it that well, so I should probably rewatch it too.

rick81721

Lothar
We are watching two series on alternative nights - Weeds and Homeland. Both very good - in Weeds, Mary Louise-Parker keeps getting into trouble that you think is insurmountable but then squeaks bye. Will be interesting to see all the twists and turns. Homeland is more intriguing tho I've never been a fan of Mandy Patinkin - man that guy has a huge head! As long as he doesn't sing, I'm ok with him

Top Bottom