What are you watching now?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
episode and a half into umbrella academy on netflix.

kindaofa x-men with lots of family drama. throw in some time-travel.
will keep watching. mindless time fill stuff.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tried watching maniac... Got to the 4th episode and I just can't get into it. Anyone having insight? Is this worth slogging through? Or just walk away while I still can?

Currently watching the umbrella academy... LOVE THIS. Steve and I are almost done with it and we just started it this weekend.

I downloaded the first episode of that Vietnam series... But haven't watched it yet. I need to be in the right frame of mind. I enjoy (if you can actually say "enjoy" about watching war stuff) learning about the Vietnam war but it's heavy stuff and I walk away with a lump in my throat and a need for anti depressant medication.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tried watching maniac... Got to the 4th episode and I just can't get into it. Anyone having insight? Is this worth slogging through? Or just walk away while I still can?
Yeah, we may have made it to the 5th episode, but got out shortly thereafter.
Really wanted to get into it- couldn’t.

SCOTTscale

Currently watching the umbrella academy... LOVE THIS. Steve and I are almost done with it and we just started it this weekend.

I downloaded the first episode of that Vietnam series... But haven't watched it yet. I need to be in the right frame of mind. I enjoy (if you can actually say "enjoy" about watching war stuff) learning about the Vietnam war but it's heavy stuff and I walk away with a lump in my throat and a need for anti depressant medication.
I saw that on Netflix last night. It looks interesting. Probably gonna check it out after I finish "Beautiful Boy" which is a tough one.

Patrick

Staff member
finished up first season of Umbrella Academy -
took a couple episodes to get into the groove, then it started rocking with science fiction, science fantasy,
family soap opera, human emotions, twists and turns.
A little Asimov gone off the rails, a little Terminator and 12 Monkeys with the fate thing.
some Kill Bill gratuitous stuff, slap-stick, and getting the situation totally wrong.

a def train wreck where ya can't look away.

---

current True Detective - it was right there in front of you, but you don't see it until episode 7 or so.
unless they throw in another twist.

Patrick

Staff member
Just watched The Secret Life of Chaos
Nice for the scientific information

Behind the Curve - the anti-science flat-earther movement explained (sort of) -
you can't be educated and a flat earther, because you've been brainwashed into the helio-centric model.
quite entertaining. like watching the onion irl.

rick81721

Lothar
If you want to watch a very bizarre movie on Netflix starring Rami Malek, check out Buster's Mal Heart. You were warned...

Patrick

Staff member
Free Solo coming to imax for one week, I think 1/11?

Ends up one of the directors is the daughter of a guy i worked with at bell labs for 20 yrs.
he is also a rutgers professor (so all the rutgers people can claim they are connected)

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Ok so I'm into sci fy. Watched and loved The Next Generation. Now watching Deep Space Nine. Currently 3rd season I think. Love the writing, characters: Gul Dukat, Quart,

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not a sci fi fan but watching futureman on hulu.
Corny but again its sci fi and I keep clicking next episode, so take that for someting.

MMuller

Detectorists! Great 3 season British series. Very quirky, gives you that peaceful zen feeling like Northern Exposure used to.
To be honest, just over a year since my injury and not really able to jump off mountains anymore, i could see getting into this. Seems much like cycling where you start out with Sears bike, riding through neighborhood woods and in 3 years you're shopping every internet site for the highest end carbon bling for your next race.
Between the woods and the beach I could get some walking miles in AND make a killing discovering gold and other long buried treasures!
Let's start a club......BTW, it's on PBS tonight at 9:30.
Check it out.

Top Bottom