What are you cooking right now?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The lady called the tune tonight-
Soyrizo eggs- okay, that’s odd, but let’s do!

TJ’s Soyrizo and red salsa, Cracker Barrel aged cheddar, diced jalapeños and of course Tesla eggs.
C60B5E45-9544-43DE-983C-84F3208C88FF.jpeg

B09B75F6-8EB6-41C5-B4FA-6F76EF4ED68F.jpeg
Toast courtesy of Balthazar.

And it wouldn’t be complete without Guatemalan catsup!
0389763D-24F0-446B-BE16-63EB3D60365E.jpeg

rick81721

Lothar
The king of sammiches will grace this thread with the world's best tuna salad recipe:

1 can solid white albacore tuna in spring water
Celery
Hot giardiniera
Mayo

Add coarsely chopped celery (include leaves for extra flavor) and hot giardiniera to tuna in a bowl. Add mayo (not too much, just enought to bind), mix carefully - want large chunks of tuna. If you mush tuna into catfood you blew it. Serve on toasted bread - top with cracked pepper.

20191107_130929.jpg

Dingo

Will try to warm up a can of soup. Been flat out in bed since Monday afternoon with flu like symptoms.
So much for those flu shots.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Gruel

the essence of cooking is not picking a good recipe and going out shopping, but rather looking
at what is available, and creating something. Well, something edible.

Tonight I found ham, rice, brussel sprouts, onions. Added water, milk, spices, cheese (lots of cheese.)
Threw it in a cast iron dutch oven for 1:20 and out came something edible! Good for a cold night.
Could have used some carrots for color. Threw on some african hot ground pepper at the end, and a bit more salt.

1573780980109.png

Historically, gruel has been a staple of the Western diet, especially for peasants. Wikipedia

Dingo

Gruel

the essence of cooking is not picking a good recipe and going out shopping, but rather looking
at what is available, and creating something. Well, something edible.

Tonight I found ham, rice, brussel sprouts, onions. Added water, milk, spices, cheese (lots of cheese.)
Threw it in a cast iron dutch oven for 1:20 and out came something edible! Good for a cold night.
Could have used some carrots for color. Threw on some african hot ground pepper at the end, and a bit more salt.

View attachment 110821

Historically, gruel has been a staple of the Western diet, especially for peasants. Wikipedia
What, no grog with your gruel?

w_b

My wife is Santa's little helper today, so WFH crew got some brunchie to go with my peace.

Errthing bagel, lightly toasted
Taylor Ham
Muenster, baby
Heinz 57

IMG_4020.JPG

This was straightforward, until I saw the leftovers from the Holiday Antipast:

Soopa-sahd
Salame
Pepperoni

Make sure the Taylor Ham soaks up all the goodness from the roni in the pan.
edit: if the napkin doesn't show a similar grease stain, you did it wrong.
You could substitute Pork Roll, I guess, but I wouldn't.

This thing lasted about 90 seconds, 15 of them were the pic.

/thread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Brontasaurus?

full rack of prime rib -
the other 6 ribs in a steer aren't great for serving like this. I think that is where the tomahawk cut comes from?

We had the butcher cut the bones off, then truss them back on.
They will go on the smoker for an hour, and then get knawed! (it should have a k instead of a g)

pulled out of the oven at 122 - this was great for the outer 1/4 of each side. the middle half wasn't done enough (med-rare).
carved enough to feed the animals, put the center back in until 128. perfect.

Sides were dirty mashed potatoes and roasted baby carrots.
Home mixed horseradish sauce. ( i grow it, but can't figure out how to harvest it correctly)

Wine: 2015 whitehall merlot. The guests don't drink wine, so no sense getting out a heavy hitter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom