What are you cooking right now?

ekuhn

I'm due for new propane grill. The current propane grill has lasted me 17 years and before I just dump money into a Weber, are there any other brands to consider, as the internet hasn't given me any must have or better than the other any opinions here? I feel every friend that gets a new grill, the burners, deflectors and the racks get destroyed almost instantly. Therefore, longevity is the biggest request. 3 or 4 burner.

JDurk

I have a Weber Spirit E-210 with 2 burners. Had it for 10+ years. Replaced the flavor bars maybe 2x and the burners 1x. Parts are readily available at Home Depot or Lowes. It's outside and covered year round. Can only remember a handful of times when we could have used a larger grill.

I've looked at Traegers since they're all the rage now, but the Weber is more than sufficient. My brother swears by his Blackstone now more than gas grill.

TommyF

My Webber is approaching the 20 year old mark. Burners changed once, warrantied by Webber as they were under 10 years old. Flavor bars changed 2 or 3 times and one set of new SS grill grates. Still going strong and looks like new with a clean up and coat of ceramic wax. Best bang for the buck in terms of longevity & ownership. It will be well over 30 years of usage before it needs to be replaced. I did add a Blackstone to my outdoor kitchen this past year too.

OddTrickStar

Our last grill was a stainless Charbroil, stay away. Terrible burner design that didn’t last and i did replace the burners after a few years. Never used it again after getting the flat top Blackstone. In fact, I cut the thing apart and dropped the Blackstone into It as the soft cover started leaking.

IMG_2873.jpegIMG_2872.jpeg
Got a pellet smoker eventually which took the place of the propane grill.

The two work great in tandem. Smoke burgers, steaks or chops and then sear them on the flat top. Try it.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Our last grill was a stainless Charbroil, stay away. Terrible burner design that didn’t last and i did replace the burners after a few years. Never used it again after getting the flat top Blackstone. In fact, I cut the thing apart and dropped the Blackstone into It as the soft cover started leaking.

View attachment 234358View attachment 234359
Got a pellet smoker eventually which took the place of the propane grill.

The two work great in tandem. Smoke burgers, steaks or chops and then sear them on the flat top. Try it.

Big Green Egg. Does both. Lasts forever. Mine is 14 years old and looks new.

iman29

I had a Weber Silver B? For over 20 years and finally gave it away to someone on here because the boys treated me to a new massive 5 burner grill about 4 years ago.

we grill all year round and that Weber stayed on the deck uncovered and only had to replace the burners once and the flavor V rails every 3 years or so. That one was great because it had the heavy cast iron grates that never rusted. At one point I found an identical
Grill at the curb in my neighborhood and I swapped the best parts off that one onto
Mine as the grease catcher was rotting out.

I like the new one but the stainless steel
Doors are all rusted after just the first season. Pic is from when it was new.

I do like the taller height and having 2x the amount of grill space to cook. This one also has cast iron grates so that’s a plus.

If I had to do it again I’d look for a bigger Weber on sale or even a scratch and dent one because who cares if it’s dented it still
Cooks ok.

IMG_1306.jpeg

IMG_1305.jpeg

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don’t have a good pic handy, but commercial series Charbroil 4-burner, with the side burner. IMG_4243.jpeg

This is about 17 years old, still going strong. It lives in the garage, and I typically grill with it at the edge of the garage with an exhaust fan, so sorta pampered.

Replaced gas tubes 2-3 times, flame deflectors maybe twice.
Original cast iron grates still holding strong.
It gets an exterior polish once a year and it’s still a beauty.

Next time might be a Weber, but this has done me right for a long while.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Photo dump catch up.
We eat good at Chez Manic

Quick pickled red onions- been meaning to try these
IMG_7880.jpeg

On avocado toast
IMG_7900.jpeg

NYT mushroom pasta recipe
IMG_7913.jpeg

IMG_7914.jpeg
One for the rotation for sure

Then Reuben night with the smoked corned beasts
IMG_7917.jpeg

IMG_7919.jpeg

IMG_7921.jpeg

Had leftovers, so brekkie sando
IMG_7928.jpeg

Steelhead tonight. Man I love this ish- Rosemary lemon garlic
IMG_7932.jpeg

With Brussels and leftover pasta
IMG_7933.jpeg

rlb

My Weber Genesis (circa 2010) is still going strong. It's still on the original burners and flavor bars, both of which could probably use an refresh at this point. It's always outside, and usually covered, but does go through occasional periods when the cover is off for a while if I get lazy. Because of that the bottom of the cabinet is a bit rotted out, but that hasn't impacted anything else about the grill. I would buy another. FWIW They have the grills out at Costco now, but they don't typically have them in stock past the spring kit seems.

Top Bottom