What about...?

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
What about attaching some games to the site? Nothing to complicated, maybe some PacMan, Tetris, Snake etc.

People will never leave. :)

BiknBen

No! Because then my web blocker at work is more likely to block this site.

Yeah, don't be jinxing us. I have no idea how this site escapes the evil clutches of WebSense. It manages to snag anything related to Sports, Social Networking, Personal file storage, Streaming Video, Sexually explicit, etc.

I can only surf the web looking for things related to the economy and politics. It's a real bummer at work these days. :(

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

I hate the fact i can't listen to online radio. The only thing I listen to all day is engineers b!tchin'. No fun.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Yeah, we've already been explicitly asked to not post to message boards from school computers, so any added content that the firewalls may sniff out could be a bummer for me.

God fobid I should have to grade papers with the little free time I have...

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
Yeah, don't be jinxing us. I have no idea how this site escapes the evil clutches of WebSense. It manages to snag anything related to Sports, Social Networking, Personal file storage, Streaming Video, Sexually explicit, etc.

I can only surf the web looking for things related to the economy and politics. It's a real bummer at work these days. :(

how do those blockers work? meta tags or something maybe? I used to "moderate" a car forum and I would check it at work because it was the only car site on the whole internet that wasn't blocked for some reason. . .

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
how do those blockers work? meta tags or something maybe? I used to "moderate" a car forum and I would check it at work because it was the only car site on the whole internet that wasn't blocked for some reason. . .

There are many, many, different methods to block sites...ranging from the simplistic (e.g. removing mtbnj.com from the companies DNS server or blocking a specific IP at the router), to software packages that run at the firewall that have access to third party categorized site databases.

Top Bottom