Wharton open/okay for super beginner?

Karate Monkey

Above. Going to maybe be in the area Wednesday. Other rider is okay with stuff like the canal towpath/other super-buff stuff. 10-16 miles.

Thoughts?

moray42

Merman
Stick to the inner trails and I can’t imagine you’d have an issue. Picture the general condition of the Allaire trails minus any significant elevation change. Not exactly tow path, but among the more beginner friendly. Orange still has some quirks (i.e. no more bridge) after the last big forest fire. Expect green, blue, white, and red are fine. @slingblade_uhhuh ?

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
image.jpeg

Its all still very charcoal-ly, in a very organic Kingsford kind of way. Any of us recently doing trail work, wind up looking like a chimney sweep. (Bonus points awarded if you're singing Chim Chim Cher-ree while reading this.)

If you're looking for a 10 mile tow path kinda ride, maybe ride the little used Batsto - Bulltown Rd as an out-n-back. Thats been done several times as a beginner ride and all had a good time.

Karate Monkey

View attachment 58753

Its all still very charcoal-ly, in a very organic Kingsford kind of way. Any of us recently doing trail work, wind up looking like a chimney sweep. (Bonus points awarded if you're singing Chim Chim Cher-ree while reading this.)

If you're looking for a 10 mile tow path kinda ride, maybe ride the little used Batsto - Bulltown Rd as an out-n-back. Thats been done several times as a beginner ride and all had a good time.

Sounds about what I'm looking for. Other rider is super upright (swept back bars), not too sure footed. Where abouts can I pick that up? (GPX track?)

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Sounds about what I'm looking for. Other rider is super upright (swept back bars), not too sure footed. Where abouts can I pick that up? (GPX track?)

Make a left when leaving the Batsto Visitor Center parking lot entrence, then follow the pavement thru the forest until you pass Bel Haven Lake CG and reach rt. 542. Then you can turn around and go back the same way you came, or ride rt. 542 (busy) back to Batsto.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions