WHARTON 40

sandman

Today I parked at Batsto, and rode the Orange trail, had lunch, then back out the orange cw, picked up the Blue trail. to the Red, to the White, to Orange, and to the parking lot. I like this Red trail so much that I'm doing it twice on the W40. Got in 29miles. The date for the W40, as of now , will be Feb. 1 2020, @ 8am, park at Carranza lot.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Today I parked at Batsto, and rode the Orange trail, had lunch, then back out the orange cw, picked up the Blue trail. to the Red, to the White, to Orange, and to the parking lot. I like this Red trail so much that I'm doing it twice on the W40. Got in 29miles. The date for the W40, as of now , will be Feb. 1 2020, @ 8am, park at Carranza lot.
I recall doing 3 laps of orange ccw. That was fun!

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

Ken (the other Ken S) has been doing a great job clearing the burnt fallen pines from the TeaBerry and Oak Hill Trails!

sandman

Clean up started today ( Saturday ). Lots more to do. 20190314_203100.JPG20190314_203103.JPG This is getting to be too much for this old guy.

sandman

ha! all I see is two pictures of stuff youre gonna go around!
After waking up with my back screaming STOP! I am going to replace the trails that have been sabotaged with roads. A lot of the double track have also been sabotaged, so this will be a few trips before I have what I want.

sandman

Curious, what defines sabotage?
100_0804.JPG20180315_202126.JPGIMG_5132.JPGIMG_6109.JPGIMG_6353.JPG It may not look like much, but, year after year this has been going on. No one ever takes responsibility. As you can see, they (who ever they are) saw cut a tree about to the end, then lay it down across the trail. For bigger trees, they just cut it so it falls across roads. We did about 2 miles of clean up, but still have about 4 more miles left. One year we cleared a long section 8 weeks in a row. This trail runs along a ridge, and has cross cut and parallel trails, however, they have been covered up as well. Oddly enough, the Batona trail (witch goes through this ridge) is always clear. I'm getting old, and getting tired, so it will stay this way. Don't get me wrong. I'm not dead, I'm just tired of this fight.

sandman

We are all set; The WHARTON 40 Feb. 1, 2020, Carranza parking lot @ 8am. Bring lunch, we will eat at Batsto. This is a group ride, we ride as one.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
It may not look like much, but, year after year this has been going on. No one ever takes responsibility. As you can see, they (who ever they are) saw cut a tree about to the end, then lay it down across the trail. For bigger trees, they just cut it so it falls across roads. We did about 2 miles of clean up, but still have about 4 more miles left. One year we cleared a long section 8 weeks in a row. This trail runs along a ridge, and has cross cut and parallel trails, however, they have been covered up as well. Oddly enough, the Batona trail (witch goes through this ridge) is always clear. I'm getting old, and getting tired, so it will stay this way. Don't get me wrong. I'm not dead, I'm just tired of this fight.

I asked around about this. The word is that the tree felling across unmarked trails you posted is likely part of the official access plan. Thats the plan that has been installing gates and signage across certain sand roads also.

Let me know if you would like me to ask someone(s) upstream about all this and make polite request. I’ll need a GPX file for locations. It's a longshot, but what the hell.

sandman

I asked around about this. The word is that the tree felling across unmarked trails you posted is likely part of the official access plan. Thats the plan that has been installing gates and signage across certain sand roads also.

Let me know if you would like me to ask someone(s) upstream about all this and make polite request. I’ll need a GPX file for locations. It's a longshot, but what the hell.
I will try to get that info GPX latter today. Until then, the area inside, RR to Bulldozed Rd. and from Carranza and Tuckerton Rd's.
I have been calling for the last 4 years (but not this year, I give up), with no help. I called Trenton, Atsion, and Batsto. It's the same reply, unless I take a picture, there is nothing they can(or will) do. Thanks' for trying.

Top Bottom