Westwood Velo Cross

I hate to say it but you left yourself wide open for the "marriage prep" responses. Now I can't resist, isn't that what the bachelor party is for?

Oh I know and they are all welcome. The bachelor party? Who knows what will happen.:confused:

Masters elite race

Not my best race. I had a couple of bugs to work out with my new found speed (slower in to the courners) and be careful when passing older people on the couse. <-- See crossaddicts blog

That being said, it was quite a stacked field and super fast to boot. :D

peace,

-Roger

You looked good out there R-to-the-Foco, I would hate to be in that class, sweet jesus!! Matt and Roger also raced in the "A" class and cleaned up shop there as well. You know it's fast when Ralf gets 4th:D

As for my race, I pretty much rode in 3rd place the whole race. My "bell lap" was super exciting though. That crazy guy on the fixie (that's a whole other story!!) blew a tire and I moved into 2nd. Then I ran over some course tape and got it stuck in my shoe right before the fast barriers. While pulling it out, Cam passed me and I went into 3rd again. I passed him on the stair run-up, back to 2nd. We were side-by-side coming onto the paved road and he opened the sprint up from that little red building. We were elbow-to-elbow all the way to the line. He did the little sprinter push the bike forward thing and got me by maybe 1/2 a wheel. I ended up 3rd. I LOVE CROSS!! We'll see how it goes tomorrow at the Hillbilly Hustle, I'm not that good on the wide-open stuff, but I'm sure it's gonna be fun!!

-Jim.

I was out there today as a spectator for a little bit before my kid got hungry.

I think I saw you Jim, if I remembered the white Trek correctly from one of the posts here.

Cross certainly looks fun, my wife and kid thought it was pretty cool too.

On another note, I bought 2 raffle tickets...I wasn't lucky this time :mad::mad:

so for my first cross race i had an AWESOME time..it was quite difficult, but fun!

I was in the first race, with the C's and i also started dead last, it was pretty difficult to gain alot of spots put i managed to get ahead of 3 or 4 people, so at least i didnt DFL haha.

but that was loads and loads of fun and i cant wait to do another, i stayed until part way through the B race, What happened with the Fixie guy jim? he was really fast!

and an obligatory picture, i thought this one came out pretty cool!

Attachments

• rqwefqw.JPG
    rqwefqw.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 203
Elzoller-Yeah, I'm on a white Trek Xo2 (for now;)) That course was tons of fun:D

axcxnj-Good job son!! Thankfully, that dude on the fixie flatted on the bell lap. He was parked next to me in the lot and we was chatting afterwards, turns out he's a messenger in the city. What better way to practice for 'cross than dodging cars for a living:D

-Jim.

Hillbilly Hustle...

My wife took this little video during the race today. This is where it all went wrong. I took this turn horrible, then I accelerated out and burped my tire. Look closely, you can see the dirt actually get blown away from my wheel. And of course my son's cheering and wife's reaction are priceless!! Cyclocross baby!!

http://vupload.new.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1046594487068

-Jim.

My wife took this little video during the race today. This is where it all went wrong. I took this turn horrible, then I accelerated out and burped my tire. Look closely, you can see the dirt actually get blown away from my wheel. And of course my son's cheering and wife's reaction are priceless!! Cyclocross baby!!

http://vupload.new.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1046594487068

-Jim.
Thats stinks, sorry to hear that, I am still not sold on that tube-less technology yet..

Last edited:
Thats stinks, sorry to hear that, I am still not sold on that tube-less technology yet..

The tubeless worked great for me.

Jim was running very low pressure.

I think another round of yellow tape might be of help?

Love to hear your wife go.. "aw f*#K" when you hit that root.

Yeah, it worked so good on Saturday I decided to push it a little farther and see how low I could get. I was running about 27psi in front and 30 in the rear. I'm gonna run 30 in both next time and it will be fine, that's fine. One thing that is funny, that course was so fast and hardpack when I put my pit wheel on (which had 40psi), I actually felt faster:D Much fun!! Cyclocross!!

-Jim.

Yeah, it worked so good on Saturday I decided to push it a little farther and see how low I could get. I was running about 27psi in front and 30 in the rear. I'm gonna run 30 in both next time and it will be fine, that's fine. One thing that is funny, that course was so fast and hardpack when I put my pit wheel on (which had 40psi), I actually felt faster:D Much fun!! Cyclocross!!

-Jim.
Since I weigh a buckeighty, I am always fearful of denting my rims, so I tend to run the air pressure on the high side if conditions are dry, less rolling resistance and all that..still glad to hear you had a good time..hope to see ya soon at one of the races.

Since I weigh a buckeighty, I am always fearful of denting my rims, so I tend to run the air pressure on the high side if conditions are dry, less rolling resistance and all that. less rolling resistance on pavement only,grass,sand and even hardpack is better w/ less air.

More air only applies to pavement. In sand, grass, loose dirt and even hard packed less pressure is better.

CXF

Since I weigh a buckeighty, I am always fearful of denting my rims, so I tend to run the air pressure on the high side if conditions are dry, less rolling resistance and all that...

I weigh 170 pounds, that's not exactly light son:D

See you out there Bobke!!

-Jim.

i thought the gear was not too bad 38-16. I had to stand and crank it pretty hard on the hills, but i never really stalled out..

the stock freewheel that came with the bike is practically trashed now, i think i might change to an 18 to just try it out

Back
Top Bottom