westchester trail conditions

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
i was going to email you to see if you were down for a 630 ride saturday morn. supposed to rain friday night now. damnitall.

T

tlnj

i was going to email you to see if you were down for a 630 ride saturday morn. supposed to rain friday night now. damnitall.

6:30? And I thought I was an early bird. The good thing is there's actually light at that time now. Let's see what happens tonight. No rain and I'm down.

Come on eastern empirers, let's have it on those conditions!

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
wmba is where you want to go for westchester trail conditions. The below quote is from a park employee who also happens to be in the wmba (and leads a mean group ride :D)

Blue Mountain Reservation:
Muddy, sloppy, still some wet snow

Graham hills:
Muddy, sloppy, slippery

Sprain Ridge Park:
Muddy, slippery, really not much snow left, but not good

PLEASE show some constraint in the next few weeks and give the trails a chance to dry out and firm up. Anyone else praying for cold weather?
Thanks in advance for your consideration
David

T

tlnj

wmba is where you want to go for westchester trail conditions. The below quote is from a park employee who also happens to be in the wmba (and leads a mean group ride :D)

Thanks. Yep, had gone to WMBA.org. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a post there in about 3 days. Looks like they're all on our site now.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
6:30? And I thought I was an early bird. The good thing is there's actually light at that time now. Let's see what happens tonight. No rain and I'm down.

Come on eastern empirers, let's have it on those conditions!

If it doesn't rain and we get an early start, we can ride before the thaw, which I think'll be around 8/830. Starting before 7 still gives us 90 minutes. Let's email tonight and see what's what. Maybe just Clauseland or Ringwood?

Hell, have I shown you the 3 minute trail loop off Old Tappan Road? We can do timed loops.

T

tlnj

If it doesn't rain and we get an early start, we can ride before the thaw, which I think'll be around 8/830. Starting before 7 still gives us 90 minutes. Let's email tonight and see what's what. Maybe just Clauseland or Ringwood?

Hell, have I shown you the 3 minute trail loop off Old Tappan Road? We can do timed loops.

Cool. Ringwood would obviously be the best option, though I am curious about the O.T. loop.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
It's raining now. Seriously I'm about to lash out.

In less than a month my trainer and I have become like an old married couple. We get along fine but we really want to see other people.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Justin-
You and Tim up for an early Sunday at Ringwood, depending on the rain?

Always, hell yes, and the sooner the better. But it's POURING right now. Can't imagine Ringwood is any different from here.

To add insult to injury this Friday night: I bust outta work at a good time and catch the express train home -- and going 60 somewhere around Teterboro, we smash a car. Blammo. Jesus Fucking Christ -- Took me 3 and a half fucking hours to get home. Walked in and the wife is trying to sympathize and all I can think to say is: "I would take the 3 and a half hour commute home if I could ride tomorrow." I'm going to go cry now.

Panhead

Dude
3.5 hrs in a car sucks, I couldn't imagine that on a train. My wet ass would be walking in 15 min.
Its not raining up here so hopefully its not going to be as wet as they say.

Top Bottom