Welding repair for Lawnmower

rxpxskier

like others have said, piece of metal, drill for bolts and some red locktite should get you a few years outta it.

iman29

So after much procrastination and the easy use of borrowing my neighbors mower I finally got around to trying fix this.

Welding was not an option all the local places wanted too much cash and I needed to spend that on my nice new to me bike rack.

Few other people told me to try this JB weld stuff. Here is the sequence in pictures since they tell the story best.

Here's a clue how it ended.

_ _ _ _ tape fixes everything ....

FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_0802.JPGIMG_0804.JPGIMG_0832.JPGIMG_0840.JPGFullSizeRender.jpgIMG_0802.JPGIMG_0804.JPGIMG_0832.JPGIMG_0840.JPG

iman29

Haha yeah I was just impatient couldnhave done it better like you mentioned. And @David Taylor offered to weld just couldn't make the time to drive down with it.

Might try again like you mentioned and use some pipe strap or something in between.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Haha yeah I was just impatient couldnhave done it better like you mentioned. And @David Taylor offered to weld just couldn't make the time to drive down with it.

Might try again like you mentioned and use some pipe strap or something in between.
JBweld is like watching the guy that advertises welding aluminum with a propane torch...dumb. I’ll still do it for ya. Can drop off in newark or hazlet.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
now that i think about it, i have some cf tape and bulk two stage epoxy......

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
And anyway it still has duct tape on it and it’s been working fine so I don’t need any help from you autobot

i like the bot comments on amazon.
"received it and returned it, so I can't help you"

so that gets in, and if i make a critical comment it gets busted as not in-line with guidance.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm going to just turn this into a "Dave Taylor, can you weld crap for me?" thread.

@Dave Taylor do you do aluminum? I want to repair my bike rack and need very minor welding done that in the steel world would amount to a few tack welds.

I'd rather ship a bracket to a welder and include a return label than drive around to one. :)

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I'm going to just turn this into a "Dave Taylor, can you weld crap for me?" thread.

@Dave Taylor do you do aluminum? I want to repair my bike rack and need very minor welding done that in the steel world would amount to a few tack welds.

I'd rather ship a bracket to a welder and include a return label than drive around to one. :)
Sure, but only work for beer(errrr....merlot, it’s wine season).

Top Bottom