Weird/Secret Biking Habbit/Superstitions

J

joanqs

I realized while riding today I have a peculiar climbing position. I grip my handlebars with my pinkies under the bar. It makes me feel like I have more leverage but I end up with blisters between my pinkies and ring finger.

and you??

Sircrashalot

I crash a lot also.....shocking I know! I pretty much dont feel like I got a full ride in until I either crash or almost crash. Can vouch for Army also - saw him at six mile the other day and he had been attacked by some odd alien vine thing wrapped all around handlebars!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
lately i've got a real good understanding how fred feels. i think i've wiped out six times in my last 3 mtb rides.

Not So Fast

Premature unclip

Last year while riding a technical section at Ringwood I fell and dislocated my thumb. Nevermind that I cleared this section many times before. As I felt myself endoing I tried to unclip and couldn't. Over I went. Still being clipped in I managed to untangle myself. As I check my body parts and bike I noticed I couldn't move my thumb. My thumb failed to respond to my commands. Apparently, my hand slid to the side of a rock and my body landed on my thumb forcing it in to a very unnatural position. Now here's my point, when I approach technical sections I start the premature unclipping. My buddy is getting a chuckle of this annoying bad habit. And I'm losing ground as he takes advantage of my lost of momentum.

Yes, I've been back and tamed the section that beat me. But the scar is deep. Do you think Dr. Phil can help me? :hmmm:

J

joanqs

I pick my bike up and throw it into the woods and curse at it. It calms me down after crashing or missing a climb.

I've done this several times. After having a terrible 24hr Allamuchy race, I threw the bike, left it where it lay, went back to camp, and made a for sale sign for it and left it behind. My friends brought it home for me, but I did sell it and never rode aluminum again. :eek:

jimmysnukastyle

When I'm done going over my handle bars I try to figure out how it happened and what I did wrong - trying to learn from my mistake. Pretty futile...

Panhead

Never check/put air in the tires before a race. Just hope there good from the last ride.

bozizle

Black Sox

Have to wear black socks of some sort or I will have a bad ride....I have thrown out any socks not pordominatly black...preferably wool as well :hmmm:

J-Dro

If a large black cat appears from nowhere, wanders into camp and urinates on your gear during the 24hrs allamucchy..:hmmm:

That was the funniest thing I witnessed all weekend. The cat was just daring you to do something about it too. Cat with attitude.

J

Jeff

Have to wear black socks of some sort or I will have a bad ride....I have thrown out any socks not pordominatly black...preferably wool as well :hmmm:

Very oddly enough, I share the same viewpoint. God damned white socks...

Shaggz

A strong 7
not telling my wife where i'm going. recently, i have fallen into a BAD habit of not giving enough bike-related information, which has led to some ageda in my house. it is neither intentional, nor is it unsafe because i am riding with others, it is just plain forgetful and rude. i've taken to e-mailing my plans home as soon as i make them so as to not push the envelope any further.

SpartaBard

not telling my wife where i'm going. recently, i have fallen into a BAD habit of not giving enough bike-related information, which has led to some ageda in my house. it is neither intentional, nor is it unsafe because i am riding with others, it is just plain forgetful and rude. i've taken to e-mailing my plans home as soon as i make them so as to not push the envelope any further.

Plus it causes other people's wives to get worried phone calls, but I think that has gone both ways... :eek:

Top Bottom