Weird, rib pain/back pain? Not the first time.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I am on vacation in OCNJ at the moment. I am going to stop in to. my doc when I get back. I have a question however. I feel like I have maybe a torn muscle or something in my chest(right side about 2.5-3" from sternum). It's tender to the touch. I think I feel it not as bad on the back side(approx same distance from center). It doesn't bother me running or riding the bike but it drives me nuts just sitting here.The area on the front rib is tender to the touch, not so much in the back. So it's annoying(I question if it's from using a welding helmet again recently or just a weird movement I made). It's been present since last Thursday or Friday and it's more of an annoying pain but it hurts like an SOB when I cough or try to blow my nose(deep breaths are tough too). I am gonna see my doc but it feels almost like when I broke my scapula last year but I didn't do anything where I was like "oh that's gonna hurt". Any thoughts besides "see you dr)??

mtn

Do you have the ability to do a virtual appointment? Many offices are doing that.

rick81721

Lothar
No one mentioned the obvious yet?

tenor (1) (5).gif

1000rr85

Agree, sounds like a rib out. Could be a sublux or a muscle spasm pulling it out of place. I have had both. I train BJJ and it's a common injury there. Typically is an issue where it attaches in the back and hurts like crazy near the sternum. Get a big bottle of Advil, foam roller, and some ice packs. You got about 4-6 weeks of trying to loosen it up and get the inflammation down so it will go (and stay) back in place.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Agree, sounds like a rib out. Could be a sublux or a muscle spasm pulling it out of place. I have had both. I train BJJ and it's a common injury there. Typically is an issue where it attaches in the back and hurts like crazy near the sternum. Get a big bottle of Advil, foam roller, and some ice packs. You got about 4-6 weeks of trying to loosen it up and get the inflammation down so it will go (and stay) back in place.
Pretty much. Went to a chiro today. He did some work. About three hours late while standing in line at cape may brewing I felt it “pop”. It’s better but we will ser.

Top Bottom