Weekly Wazu Hike 9:00 am

Wazu

Weekly Wazu Hike Sunday 9am

Hello Friends. This week we'll be hiking at Allamuchy Mt. Deer Park Rd at 9 am on Sunday. The hike will be approximately 9 miles with no fire roads. We will hike from the parking lot, up and around the lake and to the tip of the mountain and back. It's a rain or shine event. The pace will be a brisk walk. I hope you can all make it cause its a blast.

Last edited:

Wazu

The hiking is way way harder than biking and it's easier to control the freeze. No coasting like on a bike. I can't just use a stairmaster or roller wheels or spinning class or gym. Too freaking boring for me. I'm 46 and I have a terrible leg from a car accident years ago and I'm trying to build it up so I can race the likes of you but if you come I'll slow the pace a bit so you can make it through the first 9 miles without getting lost.:D

Wazu

When you asked the first time in last week's thread I answered that I'm recovering from major hand/thumb/elbow injuries. Besides, the hiking is way harder and you use all those non biking muscles. You should come. Next week will probably be Chimney Rock.

N

Neen

Just to clarify, it is a blast, it's also a very brisk walk! Bring your extra lungs if you want to keep up. :p I'm bummed that I can't make this one (so is Kali).

Wazu

guacko.............bring your bike by all means. It's an open invitation for everyone--- hike or bike. Love to see ya bro :)

Wazu

Things are looking great for tomorrow. So far it's me, John (rock climber big time), his fiance, Ryan and two of his friends. The hike starts at 9 but we'll wait if you call my cell which I will gladly pm anyone. It's 9 miles and there are a few bail out points for those who blister early or whatever. Hopefully they'll be snow again. The best things in life are free and tomorrow will be another example of that.

walter

Fourth Party
Whats going on, usually there is a post hike report???? Who showed up, who couldnt hang??? How far did you guys go???? Who brought their dogs, who didnt????? Were there any fist fights or was it just a happening good time????

Whats the deal, inquiring minds want to know, and wheres the pics damn it!!!!!

sorry, i'm bored:D

Wazu

Heya Walt....you make me laugh with the bordem. Winter sucks. Anyways it was only four of us and it went well. Ryan and I met a friend of mine there with his fiance. He's an awsome rock climber who lives next to the New Paltz cliffs. He's gonna teach me how to climb and I'm super psyched too. His (beautiful) fiance is also a rock climber and what a nice gal too. Both of them. The hike was at a less than aggressive pace today. I wouldn't even consider it a workout but it was sure fun. We went to the less traveled top of Deer park again. I think two loops are in order for next weeks jaunt. We may even go somewhere else. John said he's gonna be a permanent hiker for the winter so it'll always be at least me Ryan and John. Neen and Mare were busy this weekend but they are steady eddies too I'd say. Anyways, my daughter wants my computer so I'm gonna give it to her. Maybe you can come on the next hike. We always have a blast man.

N

Neen

WHAT? You didn't make them jog to keep pace with you? :confused: I'm still tired from last weekend. Sorry I missed it!

Mare

Sorry I missed it!! Opie would have had a blast!! I took my road bike out (to save driving time) and did 24 miles, then got some Christmas shopping done (cuz everyne was dying to know how I spent my Sunday, right?).

Anyway, I will be joining you soon and I definitely want to climb!!!!!! I have only been a few times and I would love to get into it more!!

Wazu

Hey I forgot to mention that we ran into StratoCaster and company on the trail. That was nifty. Yeah we definately missed having Opie and Kali on the trail on Sunday. Mare if you wanna go this weekend please talk to Neen and let me know what the possibilities are or aren't so I can post a hike. If we do Deer Park Ry and I are doing two laps. I think I'm game for anywhere though.:)

Top Bottom