Weekly Road ride in Denville

ryderX

I figured I'd cross post this from our team website:
We've been running our Wednesday Night Rides for several years now, and it would be great to get some more folks out on them.

It's a road ride, 2.5-3 hours in duration, over rolling to hilly terrain. Somewhere around 45-50 miles with 3-4 thousand feet of elevation gain.

We roll out of the parking lot across the street from Denville Line Painting on Ford Road in Denville. (Easy access from Route 80). The roll time is 5:20 pm.

It's a relatively low-car route and we have some sprint points, KOM's, pace line efforts, and all out good fun.

The pace is fairly hard and fast, but we do a good job to keep the group together. This would be an A+ ride.

Please be prepared with your bike and gear ready to go.

See you out on the road!

E-mail B.L. lavalere@aol.com if you have ??

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
i guess its outta my price range...but im gonna save like hell to get me one!

You will be able to do it by the end of the summer. You might get shelled now though. Maybe i will take you on a local fast group ride soon. That way you don't have to drive an hour to get dropped.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Well not to derail another thread, but we are so good at it here

J- maybe you should take Fred to a Crit and get him in a Cat 5 race
I'm gonna go with doing some fast group rides first. Get some practice in a friendlier environment before jumping into Cat 5 racing.

And once you do a road race, you're opening up a whole other world of crazy fun on the bike, so be forewarned.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Back on Topic...

I figured I'd cross post this from our team website:
We've been running our Wednesday Night Rides for several years now, and it would be great to get some more folks out on them.

It's a road ride, 2.5-3 hours in duration, over rolling to hilly terrain. Somewhere around 45-50 miles with 3-4 thousand feet of elevation gain.

We roll out of the parking lot across the street from Denville Line Painting on Ford Road in Denville. (Easy access from Route 80). The roll time is 5:20 pm.

It's a relatively low-car route and we have some sprint points, KOM's, pace line efforts, and all out good fun.

The pace is fairly hard and fast, but we do a good job to keep the group together. This would be an A+ ride.

Please be prepared with your bike and gear ready to go.

See you out on the road!

E-mail B.L. lavalere@aol.com if you have ??

ArmyOfNone

I like crazy! Im never going to say never on this one. But if it means going fast...who knows!

I think i would need some more serious training then.

I'm gonna go with doing some fast group rides first. Get some practice in a friendlier environment before jumping into Cat 5 racing.

And once you do a road race, you're opening up a whole other world of crazy fun on the bike, so be forewarned.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here's the chart:
http://www.cjbc.org/Classifications.html

A+ is 17-18 mph

Having said that I'm fairly sure these guys ride at an AX pace, not A+. Generally 18+. The guy who originally posted has been top 10 at Wilderness 101 for the last 2 years. These guys are going to be the kind of group that knocks out a century ride in 5 hours.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Bear in mind that the ride is on "rolling to hilly terrain", so simple mph averages won't tell the whole story, what with regrouping at tops of climbs and the fluctuations of pace caused by rollers.

I have no doubt that this is a stout ride, but I'm sure it's a well-run one as well.

ryderX

That's the most important thing, "well run". It's not an egofest, though it is a hard fast paced ride.

B.L.

Pixy...you can ALWAYS wear a camelback...but only you! :)

Hope to see some more folks out there next week.

The ride is 45-50, and we do it in just under 3 hours. About 4400' of climbing.

The ride is very structured with a nice warm-up and cool-down, periods of pace-lines, attacks, hills, sprints, worked in with good (short, but good) recovery periods). We do stop once on the hot days to do a quick bottle fill at a county park.

As ChrisG said, pace is hard to measure over a hilly route. We average 17.5, but that's with the controlled warm-up and cool-down. There are periods where we're rotating through at 30+ MPH, and periods where we're climbing at 10 MPH. Either way, it's all good fun!

E-mail if you need more info...next week it's on Tuesday (6/5) again and then it should be back to Wednesday.

NickDavid

Don't think I'm up to your pace yet. Heythorp could probably tell me if I am.

Regardless, within the next month, I want to be at your pace.

Top Bottom