Weekend weather? (aka Let's play Volleyball)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is it or is it not going to rain, do we have good cycling weather this weekend?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I like tuna fish.

I figure rain is good for the soul, or at least the flowers. And of course it always rains in the summer, or at least during events. You know, you cold always ride in Steve's garage, or with Jake (presumably in his living room?). I imagine it's nice and dry in there. Or you could just bite the bullet and do that Hunterdon Hills ride I posted. You know, rain and road riding is about as safe as it gets...or not.

Funny, I used to ride my road bike in the rain and it was a total mess. I would bring it to the shop and they thought I rode it off-road. They never believed I just never cleaned it.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well. It's early in the new year, a mere 4 days. Plenty of time to get those holiday cookies burned off before the season starts. I sincerely hope everyone's wildest dreams come true this year, unless any of them involve bodily harm to yours truly.

I would like to thank all of you who read this incoherent rambling. And Walter.

Last edited:

heythorp

I like tuna fish.

I figure rain is good for the soul, or at least the flowers. And of course it always rains in the summer, or at least during events. You know, you cold always ride in Steve's garage, or with Jake (presumably in his living room?). I imagine it's nice and dry in there. Or you could just bite the bullet and do that Hunterdon Hills ride I posted. You know, rain and road riding is about as safe as it gets...or not.

Funny, I used to ride my road bike in the rain and it was a total mess. I would bring it to the shop and they thought I rode it off-road. They never believed I just never cleaned it.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well. It's early in the new year, a mere 4 days. Plenty of time to get those holiday cookies burned off before the season starts. I sincerely hope everyone's wildest dreams come true this year, unless any of them involve bodily harm to yours truly.

I would like to thank all of you who read this incoherent rambling. And Walter.

Too much rain ruins trails if you ride on them or not. Without salt in the oceans the fish would die. There is always the velodrom in PA if its wet out or there is Faysen Lakes if its too dry. Road riding is safe when the roads are closed.

Funny, I used to play in the rain as a kid, but hated to take baths. Now I hate to play in the rain but enjoy my showers.

If we are all fortunate the new year gods will rain money down upon ME so I dont have to sit in this cube and type frivolous crap. Good luck to all and B +

And turkey is better then tuna

Last edited:

Maurice

Just did a quick google, the Lehigh Valley Velodrome (if that is the one) is not covered, so no riding there in the rain. And it's not for fear of damaging the surface (other than with the teeth) :)

It's actually not supposed to rain this week-end, what gives?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just did a quick google, the Lehigh Valley Velodrome (if that is the one) is not covered, so no riding there in the rain. And it's not for fear of damaging the surface (other than with the teeth) :)

It's actually not supposed to rain this week-end, what gives?

What gives with what? These arcane posts? We sit in front of computers all day is all.

Actually Saturday was looking nice, then they said rain, now nice again. This could/should be a 2 ride weekend. I'll happily take it given the time of year.

ryderX

Base mile road ride

It's frigin' January 4th. and there's not a speck of snow or ice to be seen. So I'm leading a group road ride from Cranberry LK on RT. 206 out towards the Del Water Gap, down through Millbrook village and up and over Tillman Ravine, back through Stillwater -Andover. 4+ hours 1 or 2 stops, moderate pace 14-15 mph. non drop. Bring lawyers, guns and money.
Rolling out of the park& ride at 10:03 AM (sharp)
All are welcome.
P.S. a great base mile ride !!!!

Top Bottom