Weekend weather? (aka Let's play Volleyball)

heythorp

It's frigin' January 4th. and there's not a speck of snow or ice to be seen. So I'm leading a group road ride from Cranberry LK on RT. 206 out towards the Del Water Gap, down through Millbrook village and up and over Tillman Ravine, back through Stillwater -Andover. 4+ hours 1 or 2 stops, moderate pace 14-15 mph. non drop. Bring lawyers, guns and money.
Rolling out of the park& ride at 10:03 AM (sharp)
All are welcome.
P.S. a great base mile ride !!!!

which day?

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Kris,

Would love to join it's just you always do these rides so late. Sounds like fun though.

Kirt

ryderX

so what is this like 60 miles?
60-70, though the pace is steady and moderate. No hammerfest town line sprints, just a steady spin, with a good group of like minded riders. Come on out and give it a try, you'll have a great time.

Last edited:

ryderX

Sunday also

Yeap! Hoping to lots of it this winter/spring. Need the miles. What time do you go out in the morning?

Kirt I just spoke to Mr. JMG and he's going to show up. If Saturday doesn't work, I'll be doing a 3hr road ride on Sunday, starting around 7:34 AM, from the same place. JMG expressed interest in that one also. Come on out with us.
Kris

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeap! Hoping to lots of it this winter/spring. Need the miles. What time do you go out in the morning?

The warmer the earlier. I think I'm still off-road Saturday, but maybe Sunday on the road. When it's warm enough 6:00 or 6:30 sounds about good.

heythorp

Hey Kris,

how was the ride? pace? who all showed? how often are you doing these rides? I put in 4 hours on the road today, but I couldnt make it up there, adds too much time to the ride day.

ryderX

68 miles, 4:30 hours, and 4 other people. It was a great day, I actually got sunburned on my forehead.

ArmyOfNone

There is always the velodrom in PA if its wet out or there is Faysen Lakes if its too dry.

I drive by that velodrom in PA everytime i go to get my sister in Reading. I dont know what they are about. Worth bringing my bike the next time i make my way out there? I guess i could do some research but its always better to hear from those who have experienced it.

ArmyOfNone

68 miles, 4:30 hours, and 4 other people. It was a great day, I actually got sunburned on my forehead.

that sounds awsome. the most i have been out on the road is about 2.5 hours and about 40 or so miles. Averaged 18 or so i think. If you decide to put together another ride of this type. you think id survive? I know you said you will not drop anyone but i would hate to be that guy.

Hows the route...flat/hills/mix?

Top Bottom