Weekend rides 3/8 and 3/9

Off The Road Again

Anyone know of a trail system that'll be remotely rideable this weekend? It's going to be in the upper 40's so most places will be a mess and I don't want to wreck the trails. Mud riding = closed trails. Does anyone think Round Valley or Harteshorne might be in decent shape?
Thanks for any feedback

Panhead

The fireroads in Waway are snow mobile packed and most trails near parking lots and the ranger station are walked down. The snow mobiles make it roadish, foot trails are like riding rock gardens for ever. Last night I was riding on unbroken snow with no breakthrough, if you do go through its knee deep still. The lake is blown clear of snow too. Last week I ran unstudded and it was fun except for the lake, yesterday was studded and way more funner.

Off The Road Again

Thanks for the info. I rode Chimney Rock last weekend and know what you mean by the frozen foot prints! We rode off trail on top of the frozen snow, it was great! Didn't break through so no damage was done to the woods. Slipped and slid on the resovoir (lake- I can't spell that damn word!) But it was fun! Think this weekend is going to be a wash, maybe a good bike maintenance weekend.

Panhead

Did 16 miles yesterday. Lake and fire roads were fine, gas line turned into a multilane snowmobile highway. Combination of riding, walking and OTB when the feont wheel just disappeared hub deep into the snow. Earlier is better, looks like its going to be soft for the next few days though.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Anyone know of a trail system that'll be remotely rideable this weekend? It's going to be in the upper 40's so most places will be a mess and I don't want to wreck the trails. Mud riding = closed trails. Does anyone think Round Valley or Harteshorne might be in decent shape?
Thanks for any feedback

I've got a suggestion:

When-Birds-Head-South-485x728.jpg

Top Bottom