Weekend plans

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Sunday ride.

Some of the ATUG clan will be @ Allaire, 9:30. All are welcome to ride the by then frozen goodness. The average ride goes 1 1/2 to 3 hours at a fairly fast pace, with most rocking single speeds. No one will be left behind. Beer and burgers after is the norm, (with tuna as an alternative for all so inclined.)

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Rey Misterio puts his new GPS to use

Ok, so here is my SLURPIE ride from today

I hope I set this damn thing right,

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4819426

I dunno why there is a line between the start/finish. :hmmm:

We tried to start at the lot in Clinton rd, but went in and out due too too much snow. I stopped the GPS then drove to the other lot and started it again, I think the GPS just decided to close the loop...On my PC I have 9.9mi but motionbased has 11.1 :hmmm:

J-Dro

Ok, so here is my SLURPIE ride from today

I hope I set this damn thing right,

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4819426

I dunno why there is a line between the start/finish. :hmmm:

If you stop a ride and change location, you need to hit the reset button on the GPS, otherwise it assumes that you transported yourself and bike using Star Trek equipment to the new location and it connects the two points.

Beam me up, Scotty.

J-Dro

Ok, that was it. I'll keep that in mind for next time, although I like the Star Trek capability better ;)

To reset the garmin, press and hold the left button for 3 seconds. The display will tell you it reset and your distance should go back to zero.

By the way, you need to do this between rides, even on different days, if you don't connect to the PC between rides.

J-Dro

We hit Sourlands today. Trails were mostly in good shape, with just a few spots that weren't totally frozen over yet. But not a mudfest by any means. The trails actually became more firm later in the ride since the temps were still in the mid 20s. No snow on the ground down here. Good traction today.:D

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
To reset the garmin, press and hold the left button for 3 seconds. The display will tell you it reset and your distance should go back to zero.

By the way, you need to do this between rides, even on different days, if you don't connect to the PC between rides.

Cool. Good to know. Thanks!

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
rode white clay for a bit today but decided to call it early due to my gloves not being warm enough and the windchill being 0.

Top Bottom