Weekend Activities and Conditions

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
With snow on the ground in most of NJ and temps predicted to slide close to 50 this weekend, I thought we should start a thread for alternate ride plans and trail conditions. It could get too sloppy on the trails to ride.

Trail Maint Sunday Jungle Habitat

VTC events: Saturday and Sunday. You may need to understand EBODSNICS to understand description here:

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6044&page=16

pixy's Nirvana Day SS road ride Sunday:

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?p=126866#post126866

NJ-XC-Justin run 7:30 Sunday Ridgewood Duck Pond

Sounded like something brewing down by six mile ;), and maybe Wharton ??
Any more ??? Post them here in this tread.

Last edited:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
A couple of us are doing a 10 mile run (7:30-8min pace), 7:30am Sunday at the Ridgewood Duck Pond. Probably not for most people here but there it is.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
im off on BOTH days AND will have my new bike AND its going to be a mess everywhere. wharton was definetly a thought for the few of us 501 guys. im just wondering whats going to be different from there to say allaire or hartshorne and if it will even be worth the run down there to just be in a slopfest.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
saturday morning you may be ok, after that it is going to get really sloppy, real quick. Congrats on the new ride, btw.

Maurice

sun around that time it will still be frozen.

I'm not so sure, but I could be wrong, and the forecast may change to lower temps (right now it looks like thaw Saturday through Sunday).
Use your best judgment, as the place has notoriously bad mud pit areas. I ride this park all the time, and nothing irritates me more than dealing with huge frozen ruts.

Thanks man

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Think this weekends going to be mess city, think im going to do some fly fishing :hmmm: I got out yesterday to 6mile around 1:30pm and it was great but i noticed that anything that was in directed sunlight was starting to melt and getting really messy already. so be kind to the trails.

Last edited:

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
myself. MIG and possibly walter are going to NYC to ride up the west side bike path then into central park...2 of us will be on new bikes one is having his built up. should def be fun and MUD free

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i'm taking the wife and son down to the beach sunday since the weather will be nice. i'm not 100% sure, but i might get to surf, depending on if the swell we are supposed to get shows and if i can time the tides right.

but i am 100% sure i will be eating some killer crab cake sandwiches and having a few beers with the wife which i am really looking forward to.

i also might try to get some digging in saturday late afternoon if i can before the sun goes down while the ground is softer.

bobkennelly

myself. MIG and possibly walter are going to NYC to ride up the west side bike path then into central park...2 of us will be on new bikes one is having his built up. should def be fun and MUD free

I ride on that path every day on my lunch hour on my way to Central Park.
It is still pretty messy on the path, as well as the park, especially in the back hill. I was there on Monday and Tuesday, both days it was a wet mess, and it leaves your bike white with salt.
Who ever rides behind the first guy is going to be sprayed with real salty water.
I am going today again to see what it looks like, frozen I hope but with the thaw coming its going to be a wet mess.

beachwoodbikes

Shop: Beachwood Bikes
Shop Keep
Hardtail Sale

This weekend only, February 7 & 8th, 10% off All Hardtail Mountain Bikes!!!This sale is on all Front Suspension Mountain bikes from GT, Specialized, Orbea, Rocky Mountain and more. Come in now to save big on that new bike for the spring! This is a great opportunity to get the choice pick now before that mad rush comes and cleans us out this spring. Our mountain bike selection is incredible right now, so stop in and get the choice rides at huge savings!!!
:rofl::rofl:

John Baumann

Sounded like something brewing down by six mile ;), and maybe Wharton ??
Any more ??? Post them here in this tread.

Finally I have a totally free weekend AND suitable weather!!!

My strategy?;
Trail ride somewhere(?) EARLY tomorrow morning before the thaw.
LONG road ride Sunday.

BiknBen

Oh that is a great idea. Don't forget to mix it up in traffic a little. Feel like a NYC messanger for the day. :getsome:

Top Bottom