Weekend Activities and Conditions

Road?

I'm gonna just assume the trails will be shot and I'll be on the road. If anyone wants to come up my way I'd like to do the Round Valley Loop. 70+ miles, 3.5-4 hours. "A" pace. I think Freddy may have the Garmin info from the last time we did this ride if he'd be so kind as to link it?

-Jim.

I'm gonna just assume the trails will be shot and I'll be on the road. If anyone wants to come up my way I'd like to do the Round Valley Loop. 70+ miles, 3.5-4 hours. "A" pace. I think Freddy may have the Garmin info from the last time we did this ride if he'd be so kind as to link it?

-Jim.

thats my brothers area. where and when do you guys meet? im sure he would like that pace and distance.

i think im going to head to allaire for a 7am start tomorrow morning. going to do a "get used to a new bike" pace.

If you do, please don't leave ruts too deep for the sake of those that only ride there when it's dry or frozen solid.

Thanks

Ditto, Maurice - Thanks.

I walked the Blue section of Chimney Rock yesterday evening. Trails were nice and solid with just about an inch of powder on top. Should be ideal for an EARLY Saturday AM ride, but will become slop by noon, and will stay that way for the rest of the weekend. Trails will surely be muddy and fragile all day Sunday.

I'll definitely get in a ride somewhere Sat AM. Probably CR, but considering maybe venturing elsewhere...:hmmm:

Ditto, Maurice - Thanks.

I walked the Blue section of Chimney Rock yesterday evening. Trails were nice and solid with just about an inch of powder on top. Should be ideal for an EARLY Saturday AM ride, but will become slop by noon, and will stay that way for the rest of the weekend. Trails will surely be muddy and fragile all day Sunday.

I'll definitely get in a ride somewhere Sat AM. Probably CR, but considering maybe venturing elsewhere...:hmmm:

Wood, I may be down for that. What time you thinking? Early works for moi.

I might hop aboard that ship too. I've gotten sick but if I'm feeling alright I might make a guest appearance sure to thrill.

Kirt and I just got back from a full loop at CR. Absolutely primo right now. Some trails had a few tire tracks but some we laid down fresh ones. Get out there early tomorrow morning before it turns into slush.

Kirt and I just got back from a full loop at CR. Absolutely primo right now. Some trails had a few tire tracks but some we laid down fresh ones. Get out there early tomorrow morning before it turns into slush.

studs or no studs?? i need to know how to set 'er up :D

although i might hit the icy lakes up north again :getsome:

I'm gonna just assume the trails will be shot and I'll be on the road.
-Jim.

Same here... although I'll probably just ride on Sunday from my house (in lower Bucks, PA) at least up to Newtown... maybe New Hope if I'm feeling good. For me, road rides are usually a solo affair. I haven't done a organized (or semi-organized) group ride in years...

studs or no studs?? i need to know how to set 'er up :D

although i might hit the icy lakes up north again :getsome:

I don't have studs and I don't think you will need them. Its not icy right now and the snow is gripping just fine. Until it melts tomorrow late morning.

Let me know if your heading south tomorrow.:getsome:

Let me know what you guys decide. Conditions were so good I need to get out there again before the big thaw.

I might hop aboard that ship too. I've gotten sick but if I'm feeling alright I might make a guest appearance sure to thrill.

Ну, ладно, ладно. Москва слезам не верит. :cry:

Be there!

Thrilla in da Hilla

Saturday and Sunday Tommy and I are doing road rides in the Gunks and Catskill Mountains ... BAM!

RC ... :)

ps: Pokgirl if you are free this weekend PM me

i think im going to head to allaire for a 7am start tomorrow morning. going to do a "get used to a new bike" pace.

sucks i need to be in the office first thing (06:00) or I would join you looking like a road day later in the afternoon for me...

Back
Top Bottom