Wednesday 11/22

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone have off that day and looking to ride? My current plans are to retrace the All-A-Muchy 50k ride on a unicycle, blindfolded. But I could be convinced otherwise if anyone is interested.

Norm

heythorp

i think a wednesday ride is being discussed in the thanksgiving day thread, i am working. cant wait to get to my cubical

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, I sorta saw that but it seems to be rapidly degenerating. Figured I'd throw it out there as a new topic.

ytc100

I'll be riding Wednesday - not sure where. All this talk of hunters has me feeling pretty nervous about being anywhere they are though. I would really like to go to blue.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry fellas I can't commit to that long of a trip for Wednesday. Mooch/Ringwood/MD or something like that we be good. No biggie though either way.

Shaggz

A strong 7
not to degenerate this thread, but norm, it wa good that you did not come to mooch today for my account. i got there this am and realized i had no riding shoes. so i called up heythorp, who relentlessly insulted me and my kinfolk, and we decided to hit kvsp instead. well low and behold albert shows up to ride, and has shoes, both right and left, but 1 was his, and the other was his lady's. sadly, he still kicked my @ss with 1 shoe and 1 speed.

Shaggz

A strong 7
<------- btw, i think i look pretty good, considering the lackluster season i had

Last edited:

ytc100

Shaggz said:
well low and behold albert shows up to ride, and has shoes, both right and left, but 1 was his, and the other was his lady's.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

So Heythorp, did you ride with one shoe clipped in and the other not? Were you on the sass - edit: I see from above that Shaggs says you had just the one speed. Must have been tough uphill.
How'd you like those bar ends?

Can't believe you rode anyway, that's great.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh man, that sucks. This is whay I have a checklist of the crap I need for a ride. I hate getting to the trail with no helmet/gloves/shoes/pump/bike/brain.

heythorp

Yeah i sucked it up and road anyways on the SASS. Up hills were ok but the needle wasnt really rideable, I road about half of it. Road most of switch back. The real problem were rocks when getting bounced around, my leg would just go flying off the pedal. Right leg got one heck of a work out today.

the other problem was the soft shoe on the left foot and a very small platform for it to be one. Ball of my foot is a litte raw, not a big deal, just hope i dont have a bone bruise tomorrow.

It was a good ride still, we just cruzed along and shot the shit.

Thanks Steve for not dropping the hammer on me and leaving me out there with one shoe.

Shaggz

A strong 7
heythorp said:
It was a good ride still, we just cruzed along and shot the shit.

Thanks Steve for not dropping the hammer on me and leaving me out there with one shoe.

yep - it was fun! Come on, who's your daddy?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok, to whoever wants to offer a suggestion.

If a guy was going to ride MD solo for, say 2-3 hours on Wednesday morning, how tough would it be to navigate a reasonable loop for someone who's essentially never been there? And whoever wants to try and describe said loop, I will offer a hearty public thanks.

heythorp

If i could join you i would. unfortunately i have to work. But i am sure if I were able to show you around MD you would give me a heart felt Thank you.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Norm -- my buddy Lenny and I were going to do a loop at Mahlon on Wednesday. We were going to meet at noon at the Saffin Pond parking lot. You are welcome to join us if you want.

We ride at a moderate pace -- no hammering. If interested, let me know.

Joe

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Joe,

Thanks for the offer! I have to see if noon works for me. I'll post up tonight to let you know if I'm going to tag along or not.

Norm

anrothar

entirely thrilled
hahahaha, al's new avatar takes the cake! it's almost as good as the 'blacknd' bmx clothign ads, that were simply a white van on ablack background with the words: BLACKENED. we're coming for your children. this happened to be cleverly timed to coincide with the spree of white van kidnappings back in 02 i think it was. classy advertising right there. what was this thread about? where am i?

Shaggz

A strong 7
anrothar said:
what was this thread about? where am i?

The last thread went awry and Norm thinks we are a bunch of degenrates, so he felt it necessary to repost a ride for Wednesday, 11/22 at MD. He will thank heythorp regardless as to whether or not heythorp can contribute any useful information about the trails there. Allamuchy Joe and some guy named Lenny are going to be at MD at 12:00 and graciously invited Norm to join them. Fickle Norm said he is not sure, but if a better offer doesn't come his way by tonight, he will probably join them.

All of this in between laughter, musings and mindless dribble about stupid Moderator Avatar wars.

Last edited:

ytc100

Shaggz said:
The last thread went awry and Norm thinks we are a bunch of degenerates, so he felt it necessary to repost a ride for Wednesday, 11/22 at MD. He will thank heythorp regardless as to whether or not heythorp can contribute any useful information about the trails there. Allamuchy Joe and some guy named Lenny are going to be at MD at 12:00 and graciously invited Norm to join them. Fickle Norm said he is not sure, but if a better offer doesn't come his way by tonight, he will probably join them.

All of this in between laughter, musings and mindless dribble about stupid Moderator Avatar wars.

I thought this thread was about heythorp forgetting his shoe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom