Wed Night Rides

frickster

Are there regular rides now on Wednesday nights? If so, what time, approx how many people show and where do you park and start from these days?

I was doing wed nite rides out of the Kings Grant Shopping Center parking lot with Jim and the group but haven't gone in a while.

sandman

Coming soon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wednesday afternoon rides will start Sept.7 @ 5:00pm. Meet at the gate, park on the grass, space is limited. I took a ride on Saturday too see if their were any surprises from all the rain we had on Friday. Things look good for now. The last two years I stated the ride with the most sandy route I had. Lost a few good men with that move, so, this year I decided too make that Airohave route #4 on the rotation, and The Old Route will be #1 , Swamp-Ridge rd. will be #2, and, Barton Run(A.K.A." The Dump") will be #3. The rides are fun, and we have lots of laughs, but it is sandy, and sometimes wet, and always a challenge.
I know a lot of this makes no sense, until you ride the Preserve. We had our own group at yahoo. The thinking was, we could reach more folks on a place like mtbNJ.

frickster

You are correct - I am very confused and I have ridden there before many times... Is there anyone going out later than 5 for night rides? I can't get anywhere by 5p because of work. Does Jim still lead a group? Where is the gate? Are the routes listed above detailed out on a map?

Thanks again

frickster

Night Riding?

Been a while and just wanted to see if anyone is still out night riding? If so, can somebody let me know day/time?

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Where do you meet? I used to go wed nites n meet in Kings Grant parking lot - same place?

K-O-R mentioning *Six Mile*, meaning Six Mile Run State Park.

Jim, the Sandman, used to schedule those KG-BRP Wed. night rides until the end of May. Don't know if he has trimmed it back due to the overly dry conditions.

Sandman's contact info is floating around here, somewhere, in the BRP or SJ forums.

fiftyfixe

Black Run Preserve night Rides

The new ride season is here. The Black Run Preserve Night Ride begins again this Wednesday Sept. 5 2012 at 5:00pm Come on out and play in the sand:) This ride runs evrey week till May

RyeRey521

Where do you guys park for this ride. I found the map marker on SJ Singletrack and know the area, but am not familiar with a parking area there.

fiftyfixe

Where do you guys park for this ride. I found the map marker on SJ Singletrack and know the area, but am not familiar with a parking area there.

Just south of Braddock Mills Rd on Kettle Run is a dirt road on the right we park down there. It's a sand road two hundred feet or less from the corner

Hope this helps.

RyeRey521

The ride two nights ago was great.... First time out there and first time in sand like that, but had a blast.... This place will help me out for everywhere else I ride.. I wasn't expect the amount of trails that were back there do it was better than I expected.... See you guys next week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions