WED 12/6 6 Mile Run night time Mud Rally.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
12-09-2006

Greetings friends.

This wed a group will ride Mt bikes in the dark @ VI Mi Run.

7:30 rideaway.

Rte 27 Lot.

Come on out before it gets too cold.

J

ArmyOfNone

lets ride

I thout i was goin to have to work, but now i dont. :getsome:

if it gets cold enough. riding on ice should be fun.

jdog

Shop Keep
Chris F. and i rode this am and all the mud was frozen solid. The trails felt like cement.

Kinda like the summer but without the dust..

28 degrees this am but thanks to some sweet winter gear I was only cold for about 5 minutes.

I was roasting by the time we were done.

j

ArmyOfNone

Frozen Solid

J and I were out there this morning when it was about 30 degrees. Frozen solid. Should make for a nice run tonite.

You think that will get ChrisG to come up? I think hes not to big of a fan of the mud. No mud Chris! All frozen! C'mon up! :) :) :)

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
ArmyOfNone said:
J and I were out there this morning when it was about 30 degrees. Frozen solid. Should make for a nice run tonite.

You think that will get ChrisG to come up? I think hes not to big of a fan of the mud. No mud Chris! All frozen! C'mon up! :) :) :)
Not a big fan of the mud, but I can deal with it. The only issue for me & the Six Mile night rides is having to drive home 45 miles+ after the ride. 5AM the next morning comes quickly when I eat dinner at 10:30 PM.

Believe me, I'd be there every time if it worked a little better with the rest of my life.

Rode 2 hours at Allaire last night, 5:30-7:30PM. Frozen mud, fast trails, fun, fun, fun.:D

jdog

Shop Keep
ChrisG said:
Not a big fan of the mud, but I can deal with it. The only issue for me & the Six Mile night rides is having to drive home 45 miles+ after the ride. 5AM the next morning comes quickly when I eat dinner at 10:30 PM.

Believe me, I'd be there every time if it worked a little better with the rest of my life.

Rode 2 hours at Allaire last night, 5:30-7:30PM. Frozen mud, fast trails, fun, fun, fun.:D

Wish you were closer..

Maybe I will tag along on a night ride with you next week.

j-

jdog

Shop Keep
Well it was muddy as hell all over last night at 6 mile.

The perma-frost that we rode in the morning had all turned to slop. The entire dynamic of turning had to be relearned.

It was great practice for 2 wheeled drifting skills.

The guys on singlespeeds (Fred and I) had a major advantage since we had no shifting problems. The guys with gears were all clogged up.

I fear that this freeze / thaw cycle that we are in might make sunday really muddy since the temperature might be near 50.

walter

Fourth Party
ArmyOfNone said:
It could get ugly :(

I was just checking the hour by hour forcast, looks like we will have about a 35 degree start with temps getting higher pretty quickly.

walter

anrothar

entirely thrilled
that being the case, it usually takes a little longer for the temp to ride in the woods, so we should be alright, mostly still frozen from yesterday/today/tonight.

Top Bottom