Waywayanda SP Trail Directory

trekfan

what are these new (to me) trails, Mines, Plummet and Winch? they were mentioned in the conditions thread but i can't find any info on them or where they might be in the park. not on any map that i can see either

Kaleidopete

what are these new (to me) trails, Mines, Plummet and Winch? they were mentioned in the conditions thread but i can't find any info on them or where they might be in the park. not on any map that i can see either
Look on the right side listing of trails, Mines is there.
Plummet and Winch is a segment, not a trail in itself, it's EasyPeasy and Find a way, also listed on the right hand side bar

Kaleidopete

Latest official park map as of 1/2023. Not much change since the 2020 map, but it's nice to have the latest.

Attachments

• Wawayanda 2023_1.jpg
    Wawayanda 2023_1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Wawayanda 2023_2.jpg
    Wawayanda 2023_2.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Wawayanda 2023_1.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 89
  • Wawayanda 2023_2.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:

trekfan

That's an older map, see the bottom right side says 2018, the one I posted is 11/2022
hmm that's odd. that's the official link from the DEP. the parent site lists the maps for all of the parks. as i click through some of them seem to be very recent. others, like waway, seem to be really old. sorry for pointing everyone to a stupid old map

Last edited:

Kaleidopete

hmm that's odd. that's the official link from the DEP. the parent site lists the maps for all of the parks. as i click through some of them seem to be very recent. others, like waway, seem to be really old. sorry for pointing everyone to a stupid old map

not much difference really, miner

Kaleidopete

I rode a trail that's not showing up on this page, even though it's on Trailforks.
I just wanted to report on it here. It is a short trail 1.7 miles called Bearfort Waters Clinton.
To me it is a fun challenging trail with some wet spots and short challenging climbs.
It runs off Clinton road and goes to Wildcat preserve. Nearby trails are Old Coal and Wildcat Ridge.
I can ride most of this trail, but have to walk at least two spots, but that's just me. Here's what it looks like:
Bearfort Waters Clinton 01.jpg
Bearfort Waters Clinton 03.jpg
Bearfort Waters Clinton 04.jpg
Dsc01132.jpg
Dsc01133.jpg

huffster

I rode a trail that's not showing up on this page, even though it's on Trailforks.
I just wanted to report on it here. It is a short trail 1.7 miles called Bearfort Waters Clinton.
To me it is a fun challenging trail with some wet spots and short challenging climbs.
It runs off Clinton road and goes to Wildcat preserve. Nearby trails are Old Coal and Wildcat Ridge.
I can ride most of this trail, but have to walk at least two spots, but that's just me. Here's what it looks like:
View attachment 229160View attachment 229161View attachment 229162View attachment 229163View attachment 229164
I went out that way a week or so ago. As you know, I like to explore down that way. Trails were really flooded out after awhile (as shown) and had to turn back and go across to the other side of Clinton. Was going to do some Stephens Rd “stuff” but as I was climbing up Stephens my rear shock stuck down - and that was the end of that. Think I got the shock issue sorted out now though. My next ride on that bike is going to teach me whether I do or don’t know what I’m doing with rear suspension service. It worked on a 2 minute test spin today.

sundaydoug

I went out that way a week or so ago. As you know, I like to explore down that way. Trails were really flooded out after awhile (as shown) and had to turn back and go across to the other side of Clinton. Was going to do some Stephens Rd “stuff” but as I was climbing up Stephens my rear shock stuck down - and that was the end of that. Think I got the shock issue sorted out now though. My next ride on that bike is going to teach me whether I do or don’t know what I’m doing with rear suspension service. It worked on a 2 minute test spin today.
Is there a way to get up to Bearfort Tower from the Clinton Rd side without riding through private property? I was exploring a few years ago and rode straight up Stephens Rd and was met with a lady and her dogs at the top that did not appreciate me being up there. Didn't realize there was private property there, I apologized and rode past and up to the tower.

huffster

Is there a way to get up to Bearfort Tower from the Clinton Rd side without riding through private property? I was exploring a few years ago and rode straight up Stephens Rd and was met with a lady and her dogs at the top that did not appreciate me being up there. Didn't realize there was private property there, I apologized and rode past and up to the tower.
I have found that there is usually a flood zone coming down Stephens Rd just near reaching that private property. When I want to go tower-ish, I come up from the little farm at the other end of Stephens. So you reach the tower trail before you hit that private property.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trails were really flooded out after awhile (as shown) and had to turn back and go across to the other side of Clinton.

Not far after where Pete turned off to Clinton Rd, the yellow trail makes a left off the woods road into some singletrack. I've heard that the entire section there is flooded out by beavers and is totally impassable.

Is there a way to get up to Bearfort Tower from the Clinton Rd side without riding through private property?

I have found that there is usually a flood zone coming down Stephens Rd just near reaching that private property. When I want to go tower-ish, I come up from the little farm at the other end of Stephens. So you reach the tower trail before you hit that private property.

I think if you ride through the flood zone you are good, but if you head right (coming up from Clinton Rd) to avoid it, you aren't. There are trails you can take to avoid it, but it's kind of a long way around, and they aren't most people's idea of a good time. Coming up from the farm, you definitely avoid all of that private property at the top.

huffster

Not far after where Pete turned off to Clinton Rd, the yellow trail makes a left off the woods road into some singletrack. I've heard that the entire section there is flooded out by beavers and is totally impassable.
You heard right. I haven’t checked in awhile (maybe 2 years) but that left turn was so bad I couldn’t even hike-a-bike thru it or bushwhack around it. I had to turn back and return to the woods road.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions