Wawayanda State Park Conditions

chris12453

That’s OK because the park is closed.
Okay Buzzkill. Just letting everyone know for when they undoubtedly ride there on Saturday and Sunday. I hopped it all so doesn't matter much to me. Don't worry I got lost during my hike and ended up on these trails. I knew I should've bought a new compass.

Kaleidopete

Someone has been deliberately blocking Iron Mt. trail from the crossover to the NY border.
They've been dragging logs and branches across the trail every 30 to 90 feet. Why?

Dsc04320.jpg

Dsc04318.jpg

Dsc04317.jpg

Dsc04319.jpg

onetracker

Odd. I went through Iron Mtn before the shutdown and trimmed it back and took care of all of the blowdowns. Could they be blowdowns from the recent high winds?

Kaleidopete

Maybe to slow down quads/motos? See any fresh tracks?
I don't think so, this section' as I said before, is from the crossover from Wawayanda rd to Iron mt, it's down Iron mt.
as if you were going to rt94.
No quads want to go there because it just dead ends into a rock barrier before it gets to pavement.

I personally use this for my ride down Wawayanda rd to rt94 and Sanfordville rd to Covered Bridge and then back up Iron mt.rd.
I don't think it really gets much use.

Last edited:

mtbiker87

Trails were in good shape today. Super large tree down on pumphouse just after the rock bridge. Like waist high.No go around yet, but will probably need one, as this thing is a big boy ! A smaller one down on south end between the intersection of Pumphouse and the intersection with timber, if I remember right.

chris12453

There are a few trees down on pickle, one on Hoeferlin heading to ranger station from Plymouth side. We should get a TM together and repair the bridge on banker trail taking you out to banker. I sometime don't like riding all the way down County Road and entering the trails through someones driveway.

sundaydoug

There are a few trees down on pickle, one on Hoeferlin heading to ranger station from Plymouth side. We should get a TM together and repair the bridge on banker trail taking you out to banker. I sometime don't like riding all the way down County Road and entering the trails through someones driveway.

I could be thinking of a different bridge, but isn't the landowner by the Banker Rd. entrance not all that friendly to riders? Wasn't there a bridge there and it kept getting torn down?

chris12453

@sundaydoug

Technically. I know them. If you are rude to them, they will act like assholes. I can tell you that. Everyone who isn't They fenced their property in years ago and do not care if we repair the bridge.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions