Wawayanda Riding?

monteverest

Just relocated to Highland Lakes and riding Wawayanda about 4x weekly. Looking to join or form regular rides here and in Ringwood, surrounding parks. Please let me know if you're interested.

ytc100

Just relocated to Highland Lakes and riding Wawayanda about 4x weekly. Looking to join or form regular rides here and in Ringwood, surrounding parks. Please let me know if you're interested.

How about tomorrow at Waywayanda?

Average fun pace 15-20 miles?

monteverest

15-20 miles...

lemme give you an answer tonight - 15-20 miles is more than my usual 4 - 6 mile loop. i'm also pretty intermediate but maybe i can tag along for 6 - 10 miles if nothing else. i'll also try to summon other waway riders....

monteverest

on tomorrow

i'm game if the weather and trail conditions permit. not sure i can do 20 but will give it my all. let me know where we should meet. i usually enter the waway through cherry ridge road; the beach by waway lake is also another convenient meeting place.

M

m-theøry

Awesome! I would love to go tomorrow! What time do you all want to meet? I was thinking between 10 and 11? Weather permitting of course. By the beach house?

M

m-theøry

lemme give you an answer tonight - 15-20 miles is more than my usual 4 - 6 mile loop. i'm also pretty intermediate but maybe i can tag along for 6 - 10 miles if nothing else. i'll also try to summon other waway riders....

Yeah I agree. I am probably about the same pace as you monteverest. I usually do a 10-12 mile loop. Nothing to advanced but always willing to learn harder trails. I did Red Dot into Sitting Bear once...haha it was a fun but very technical. Practice makes perfect!

pinkshirtphotos

thinking of doing a ride at waway tomorrow. not looking for fast paced, or really long. maybe 10 miles max. riding a sunday world cup downhill bike. meet around 12? at the boathouse

monteverest

group ride?

i can make a start time anytime between 10 - 12 tomorrow. meet at the beach house? let's try to set a time that accomodate everyone? we can do whatever mileage everyone is comfortable with and maybe a few bailout points for those who have to leave? i'm personally aiming for 10 - 15 but will consider riding 15-20.

pinkshirtphotos

see everyone there tomorrow. ill be at the boat house / beach between 11 and 12. call my cell if anyone wants to ride. 973 600 0472 give me a buzz between 8 and 10ish am or post here before 10. look forward to riding with someone from the mtbnj site.

sean

Last edited:

ytc100

Do you guys know this place well?
Is there no more parking fee at the boat house after Labor Day?

Edit: Parking is free at the boathouse now.

Last edited:
M

m-theøry

Yeah I believe its usually free now. I live right down the road from the park so I usually just ride from my house. Between 11 and 12 is fine. Ill be there by 11ish.

J

joanqs

i'm going to do the 4:00 Jungle Habitat ride. have fun guys!

pinkshirtphotos

what a great ride. i wish i had a climbing gear on my bike. some of the downhills were great cant wait to ride again, maybe next time ill have a new bike.

M

m-theøry

Yeah good ride. Had a lot of fun with you two. Post photos soon!

pinkshirtphotos

102_4688.jpg

from left to right; pinkshirtphotos monteverest m-theøry

Top Bottom