Wawayanda Ride 4/6

Sprintzer

when you went down next to lookout lake, did that trail come out anywhere. I wanted to take that last week but the trail head looked sketchy and i didn't know where it came out. I just kept going past the lake. Good fishing spot though.

xc62701

Which trail? Were you on white with the lake on your right? If so that's Pickle and it leads out to turkey ridge and the bottom of rattlesnake. It's great stuff but it could get you turned around pretty easily if you don't know your way around.

Sprintzer

I saw the trail but didn't take it. Yeah i was on white and got to the lake and saw that trail but didn;t know where it lead. Next time im just going down it.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
I saw the trail but didn't take it. Yeah i was on white and got to the lake and saw that trail but didn;t know where it lead. Next time im just going down it.

You'll like it!
After Pickle, make a left and climb the powerline. At its' apex, you'll see a trail on the left (Pines) and on the right (Rattlesnake). Take R'snake and it'll dump you out at the end of Pickle.

xc62701

I think you're getting yourself turned around. At the end of pickle you make the left and continue on that doubletrack(that crosses the gasline cut) and when you keep going and stay right it brings you onto the pines (the not as much fun way) and then when you exit pines (at the gasline cut again) go straight across and that will be rattlesnake which ends right across the fire road from the end of pickle.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Thriple that.

If we have a few days of no rain, I say we do some rides at Waway. I have not been since Thanksgiving, and am looking forward to riding there once again.

:)

xc62701

That sounds like a great plan. That place is great to put some sweet loops together. Unfortunately though I won't be able to join or lead. I'm calming down on my rides till after the Cohutta on the 19th. I gotta have some juice in the legs :D

Glancing Aft

I was hoping to get out there on Saturday, but mother nature has some different plans for me :( As always it's absolutely beautiful out right now, and I'm stuck in a cube.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
I think you're getting yourself turned around. At the end of pickle you make the left and continue on that doubletrack(that crosses the gasline cut) and when you keep going and stay right it brings you onto the pines (the not as much fun way) and then when you exit pines (at the gasline cut again) go straight across and that will be rattlesnake which ends right across the fire road from the end of pickle.

You are correct.

(at least we woke Mr. Tool up! :))

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions