Wawayanda Hit Hard

jeffstick

JORBA: Waywayanda
JORBA.ORG
If anyone is planning on going to Wawayanda anytime soon you may want to reconsider. It was hit real hard with an ice storm and pretty much all the trails have alot of tree limbs down and hanging branches. The park gates are locked until they can clear the main entry road.

We are planning on doing trail cleanup there next weekend (weather permitting) to clear some of the downed trees. Until that happens the majority of the park is not rideable.

Attachments

• DSCN1670.jpg
    DSCN1670.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCN1676.jpg
    DSCN1676.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 268

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Holy wow indeed. That's totally insane.

Definitely post up the cleanup sessions.

Shaggz

A strong 7
WOW! Let me know when the cleanup is scheduled so I can ride past you and not offer to help ;)

steverod23

That explains a lot. I was there at 8:40 waiting for the gate to open and gave up.

Wound up hitting Jungle Habitat instead and running into Milk from Town Cycle & a bunch of folks doing trail maintenance.

PlayAllDay

Yah, too bad I didn't see the post yesterday. Rob went to waway this morning, but I knew it would be icy and a tree mess, like lots of Vernon. He took lots of pics for me though since I can't ride. He said "it's a war zone."

Attachments

• IMG_3474.jpg
    IMG_3474.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3479.jpg
    IMG_3479.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3464.jpg
    IMG_3464.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3460.jpg
    IMG_3460.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 150

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Wow, hopefully todays high temps will melt some of the ice. ... and more rain predicted :cry:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Tim and I went trail running in Harriman yesterday and saw a similar sight. Every tree on the top of one mountain had the "ice forest" look. We stopped and just kinda stood there speechless. Tim said something to the effect of "I'm looking for a unicorn."

Panhead

I just got my power back around 4 yesterday afternoon. I would have shot the damn unicorn after listening to generators for 3 days! Going to try and hit the park this afternoon to see whats down. All the ice melted last night.

NJMX835

We still have no power, I borrowed a generator & have been running on that for the past few days, i have extension cords all over the place right now.

It's almost 60 degrees out today and my bikes are locked in the garage, I have an electric garage door & no other way into the garage.

Panhead

We still have no power, I borrowed a generator & have been running on that for the past few days, i have extension cords all over the place right now.

It's almost 60 degrees out today and my bikes are locked in the garage, I have an electric garage door & no other way into the garage.

How much longer they saying? I was getting to have nothing for a week. Whats with all the cords?

NJMX835

We just got power about 45 minutes ago, it's so nice to rejoin the 21st century...

The house isn't wired for a generator so I had to run extensions cords in from the generator to run eveything.

Thank God it's over, it really starts to become a pain to the a$$ after a while.

jeffstick

JORBA: Waywayanda
JORBA.ORG
Ice Melted and....

here is what we are left with. These pictures were taken on the wingdam area and little bear which is the trail that runs along the lake that the race course ended on last year. I would suspect much of the park is in the same condition. As you look around the woods you see the tree tops just sheared off. The park will not be rideable until we get it cleared.

Attachments

• DSCN1684.JPG
    DSCN1684.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN1685.JPG
    DSCN1685.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN1688.JPG
    DSCN1688.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN1690.JPG
    DSCN1690.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 111

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
Tim and I went trail running in Harriman yesterday and saw a similar sight. Every tree on the top of one mountain had the "ice forest" look. We stopped and just kinda stood there speechless. Tim said something to the effect of "I'm looking for a unicorn."

It must be 65 right now, down here in Georgia:D Jeans and T-shirt weather. And the leaves just started changing a week and a half ago. I miss Jersey!! Three more weeks!!!

Top Bottom