Wawayanda Access Points

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thank you! Is there sufficient parking there? Or is there a chance of getting turned away?
i don't know the lot personally... but i was told small... doesn't fill up but sounds like might be hard to get to back there? (long dirt road. lots of pot holes.)

maybe someone else can chime in with more info.

Kaleidopete

I’m ducking as I ask this..where is the Cherry Ridge lot? I used to park by the ball field on Glen Wild Way, but there was a no parking sign there last Friday. To be honest, it might have been there last year, but I just noticed it.
Cherry Ridge rd is off of Clinton Rd in Hewitt section of, West Milford. The Cherry Ridge lot is at the end of Cherry Ridge rd.
other major roads to get to Clinton rd , Warwick TPK or RT 23. parking for maybe 6 cars and you won't get turned away

Mr.Moto

Thank you! Is there sufficient parking there? Or is there a chance of getting turned away?
The parking area off Cherry Ridge Rd. is not monitored. First come first serve. I've seen about 10, maybe 12 cars there on a busy day. That's probably about the max. When the paved road ends, you still need to drive a bit on a rutted rocky road. My current car is low, so it does scrape if I don't pick the right line, but I can get to the parking area. If that area is full you can go back down a little ways and there is another spot to park.

JohnnyWestood

Cherry Ridge rd is off of Clinton Rd in Hewitt section of, West Milford. The Cherry Ridge lot is at the end of Cherry Ridge rd.
other major roads to get to Clinton rd , Warwick TPK or RT 23. parking for maybe 6 cars and you won't get turned away
Thanks for the info. I had to park by the lake on Friday and the sign for the Pumphouse Trail sign didn’t show bikes. Johnny Law was parked right there so I had to wait until he left.

chris12453

You can ride Pumphouse with bikes. Its all good. I live 2.5 miles from the park and ride it all the time.

huffster

Just another tidbit...the Cherry Ridge lot (as it has been called above), may also be referred to as Ferber Circle. I'm not sure why, since Ferber Lane is all the way at the beginning of Cherry Ridge Rd near Clinton Rd.

PS Drive slow on Cherry Ridge access. That may have been in this thread, but the residents are sensitive and we don't want to risk losing that access.

JohnnyWestood

PS Drive slow on Cherry Ridge access. That may have been in this thread, but the residents are sensitive and we don't want to risk losing that access.
I definitely will. I am very sensitive to how fleeting our access can be.

Last edited by a moderator:

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just another tidbit...the Cherry Ridge lot (as it has been called above), may also be referred to as Ferber Circle. I'm not sure why, since Ferber Lane is all the way at the beginning of Cherry Ridge Rd near Clinton Rd.

My dad was friends with Fred Ferber in the 70's and we used to visit his home regularly to hike with him and visit his wild animals. He had a deer and bear he fed, raccoons in the garage and always a small army of birds following him. He donated much of the property that is now Waway. His house was one of the last on Cherry Ridge and after he died I think they designated Ferber Lane. The circle was the end of his road access that linked up to the old NJ Zinc Mine roads.

Bleeder

JORBA:President

I heard that it's called Ferber Circle because Ferber's Mansion was in the clearing at the end of the dirt road on the way to Split Rock.

onetracker

FYI-As of Saturday, the top of the Cherry Ridge Access Road is pretty washed out.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions