Wawayanda 10/28 8am

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Headin north if any of you f!@ktards want a guided tour.I reserve the right to change time,location and distance if no one responds.Will probably meet at vernnon burger king at 8am then caravan to secret start location.Will choose mileage after and if i get an idea of whos going.It will be cold,wet and freakin fun as hell..................

anrothar

entirely thrilled
if the ride would finish with enough time for me to get to mahlon by 12:30-1 i'll be in. otherwise nope.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any chance you can make this Saturday instead? Or is that hunting season now?

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Weather looks like it will be better on Sun but i'm not scared of guns so its is a possibility and Mahlon should be cancelled cause 1:30 is just ridiculous...............

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i'm not 'that guy'. you know, the one who backs out of doing a ride because another ride comes up the same day. mahlon stays. i'll just get my long miles in riding before and to it.

saturday i would definitely be up for this.

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Lets see who else get on board and start to think about Sat cause i've gained 8lbs and would love to stomp Normy..................

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can do Saturday. What's our time out? 3 hours-ish? I can sign on for that, more or less.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hmmm, gotta see what my curfew is that day before I totally commit to it then.

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Barring hellish mechanicals,it won't be over 4 hrs if that helps and i could do a 730 meet if theres only a few of us.............

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK full disclosue: I agreed to go to a kid's Haloween party with the family that day and I don't know what time it is. If it's after the nap it shouldn't be an issue.

monteverest

not a full commitment but...

if i can't make the MD ride at 1:30, i can do this ride. i live next to waway and rendevous with you on the trail

Wazu

I wish Saturdays didn't suck so hard for me. I'd be in for this for sure. We race there right? What's the terrain/conditions/steepness like there? Is there another park that's sorta like it to compare it to>? You guys gonna go over 20 miles? Is this enough questions?

gdm1

I would be up for a Wawayanda ride with yall, if you don't mind me joining. I'm not sure where the BK is in Vernon, but I'm pretty familiar with Wawayanda, so I could meet in one of the parking lots. I usually start off in the parking lot next to the Ranger station as there is a trail which starts right there and makes for a hellish ride. I haven't done Bearfort in awhile, so if your plan is to hit those trails as well that would be cool too. I'm down for any distance, as long as I can keep up (hopefully you guys are not mountain goats on steroids)

Have you ridden the planks?
http://getoutsidemore.com/?p=214

Write up...
http://getoutsidemore.com/?p=30

hardtale70

Shop Keep
My goal is to start posting almost weekly rides geared toward turning "hobbyists" into "cyclists" so I'd rather do the Sun w/ more people who are newer lets say.Norm already pulled the wife/kid/work card which i have no mercy for.I do love you Norm,it's just another example of this permeating fungus that dwells on this board.Anyway i'm leaning towards Sun.Terrain is slimy black muck to baseballs and babyheads.No ridiculuos climbing but there are really no "break" areas, the park makes you work for every foot.I can meet some at the main entrance station cause thats only 20 mins into the ride....let's keep the maybes flowing and i'll decide definates on thurs

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was thinking about this on the way to work, and like you said earlier maybe it's better to do Sunday to let the trails dry out. Weather report is looking pretty iffy.

The wife/life card is for a 3+ hour ride. I don't think you're in the realm of "hobbyist" if the requirement is 4.5 hours of riding.

It funny because the reason I'm mostly iffy on this is because I wanted to do a group ride this week and the idea of moving the ride if nobody verbals and so on doesn't really qualify, so I debated posting a set MTBNJ group ride aside from this.

If you want to make this the Weekly MTBNJ Group ride do it, set a time and a day and don't pull the moving start time stuff. Just set it and go with it.

hardtale70

Shop Keep
I got suckered in by you and Sean, but i'm ok now.Sun 8am Vernon BK BITCHES!! And the only way to turn someone onto a better rider is to drag their ass though a full loop even if it takes 4+hrs.............

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I got suckered in by you and Sean, but i'm ok now.Sun 8am Vernon BK BITCHES!! And the only way to turn someone onto a better rider is to drag their ass though a full loop even if it takes 4+hrs.............

I agree.....It will leave them hurtin', but within a few rides they'll be used to it and begging for more:D
Nothing like throwing somebody right into the fire :getsome:

bozizle

damn

I would love to ride with you guys but I leave Thursday for Vietnam for business...the trails have been great but there are a lot of leaves down and stll should have great colors on what is left on the trees.

Top Bottom