wats up?

bikerdude15

hey guys...im new to MTB completely, just got out of BMX and MTB caught my eye. so i sold off my bike and i am wondering which bike to buy it would have to be under $700...im like 5'2 and 15 years old...thanks for any help guys

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
hey guys...im new to MTB completely, just got out of BMX and MTB caught my eye. so i sold off my bike and i am wondering which bike to buy it would have to be under $700...im like 5'2 and 15 years old...thanks for any help guys

hey bikerdude! welcome to the mtb community. as a 15 year old, do you feel you have grown to full height yet? this will be a factor in buying yourself a bike as far as sizing goes.

bikerdude15

hey bikerdude! welcome to the mtb community. as a 15 year old, do you feel you have grown to full height yet? this will be a factor in buying yourself a bike as far as sizing goes.

no i dont think that i have stopped growing and that is what i am worried about...i dont want to have to buy a new bike next year cus i grew a few inches...if i buy a bike that is to big would anything really happen/break?

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
no i dont think that i have stopped growing and that is what i am worried about...i dont want to have to buy a new bike next year cus i grew a few inches...if i buy a bike that is to big would anything really happen/break?

well nothing would break, but you might be uncomfortable. im having the same issue with my nephew. hes 15 going on 16 and hes in the last stages of growing and also in a crucial inbetween size as far as bike sizes go. without knowing how much he will grow we dont know what size he should shoot for. you should go to a local bike shop and talk to someone that works there and get some recomendations? what area you live in so we can steer you in the right direction as far as good bike shops.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
^ lol

visit jay at halters, he will set you up nice.

you can get a nice entry level bike for your price range.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
i live in new brunswick...i went to kims bike shop but the old guy there wouldnt let me even touch any of the bikes!.

my cousin robbie works at kims...mr. kim is a nazi but the rest of the staff is cool...check out halters or go back to kims, pm me ill set you up with who to talk to. i have bikes from both places....welcome to the site

MTBTyler

Kevin, I say you get a HT to start off with. With cheap FS bikes your paying for a rear shock and down-grading the components. Go to halters, bike n gear in sommerset, or even EMS in summerville, ive had great service and advice from these places. Everyone that I have talked to hated there first bike, dont let it discorage you. You will find yourself to be a rideahoulic cliffbar eating freak in no time if you stick with it.:D Ride with me dude! Ive been trying to get so many of my friends to go and no one wants to.

MTBTyler

Also, dont spend all your money on a bike, you may want a camelback, tool, tire repair kit, HELMET, riding shorts, glasses, gloves, money for replacement parts, extra hangers!! and in the future night lights, clipless petals/shoes.
I reallly wish I would of known about all these things and about mtbnj. I could have saved a bunch of money.

bikerdude15

wats up tyler!!! im deffinatly down for a ride once i get a bike...after school one day we could hit up rutgers.

whats the deal with clipless pedals? what do they do?

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome Aboard a lbs is always the best bet if you are just starting out.
Halters is good and close to you down by me brick bikes is great.
be careful there are alot of people out there that think you need a 29'er or a SS to be cool :)

Top Bottom