Watopia Wednesday's

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
8 confirmed for tonight.
Screenshot_20191211-070834_Companion.jpg

Keep in mind there's usually a 5 minute to go warning to join the meetup.
However Monday it was about 2.5 minutes.
See you tonight.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There was an iphone update pending.??
i had trouble talking, but i think it had something to do with the bluetooth headphones i was using while trying to listen to siriusXM turbo
through the apple tv...damn tech.

Nice job tonight, growing the group!

It's a video game, of course there is lava!

10 doing the snake!

1576115831194.png

Working the climb!
1576115888537.png

THATmanMANNY

Thanks! That was a fun first time. Didnt know that was you Tim!

Sorry we/she has to work on roadie etiquette ha. Blew up the group a couple times. We are the lady on the right. About half way I had to take over haha. Then dropped chain on the volcano. Then Mrs came down and said are you done, the baby is crying... NIGHT OVER

Forgot about the discord. Nobody else was msg’ing on zwift. Does the msg feature go away after a little bit? I couldnt find it again.

So is the route predetermined? Or in that world you guys knew which turns to make to get us on the damn volcano!

I thought it’s “no drop” but i guess you have to keep pedaling to get shot back with the group? I didnt know what was going to happen when the chain dropped. Mind you this road bike has not been touched for like 2.5 years.

Last edited:

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That was a extremely frustrating ride. Ant+ dongle crashed at the start. Tried using Bluetooth in the laptop to connect. That didn't work. Ended up using my phone's Bluetooth connection and joind the group 10 minutes in.
Still had fun however.
Thanks for joining.
10 riders today. I think..

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Thanks! That was a fun first time. Didnt know that was you Tim!

Sorry we/she has to work on roadie etiquette ha. Blew up the group a couple times. We are the lady on the right. About half way I had to take over haha. Then dropped chain on the volcano. Then Mrs came down and said are you done, the baby is crying... NIGHT OVER

Forgot about the discord. Nobody else was msg’ing on zwift. Does the msg feature go away after a little bit? I couldnt find it again.

So is the route predetermined? Or in that world you guys knew which turns to make to get us on the damn volcano!

I thought it’s “no drop” but i guess you have to keep pedaling to get shot back with the group? I didnt know what was going to happen when the chain dropped. Mind you this road bike has not been touched for like 2.5 years.

can't blow up a these rides - it goes at the speed of the front. so while the front person can go off a bit, it just pulls the group along.
i saw you messaged, but couldn't get it to load. it tried. wonder if it was because glenn fell off.

turns are automagic with the route picked for the meet-up.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@THATmanMANNY each week we (Glenn and I) will choose a route. This way no one has to worry about turns and all that. I was wondering what happened with Mrs. Manny.... She was ahead of me and then all of a sudden, gone. The stay together feature works only if you continue to pedal. And sorry about not messaging... Between the voice and text discord channels, it's hard to message on zwift too. I hope you or the Mrs joins in again next week!

@Patrick yes!!! I like seeing all the special holiday surprises in zwift.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Doing this once a week is great for me. I can get outside when I want, but having this is helping me keep motivated, gives me a weekly target. I will say these indoor sessions are some the hardest efforts I have put in for a long time. It feels like a race in a fun way. The “climbs” really can put the hurt on. Last night had a sprint and a climb, and you really gotta dig to stay at the front of the group. I find I watch the screen the entire time in the group.

Hoping these Wednesday rides keep me off the cliff I normally fall off of in the winter. If I can, I’ll try to join the Monday thing too if I’m not outside in the morning already... and home from work in time. It is nice to be home and be able to ride since our kids schedules have gotten pretty wild lately with time.

Top Bottom