Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Good group tonight! Much fun! and pain.
Thanks Glenn.

Rolling out of the start!

1578534549430.png

my hrm kept dropping out - weird.

THATmanMANNY

Does it hurt a lot more when you are not linked with the group because it sure hella felt like it. My motivation to keep up flatlined pretty much at the start of the climb ?. Thanks for the motivation. Next time I’ll have to log in before giving the kiddo his bath. Damn kids ruin everything!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Does it hurt a lot more when you are not linked with the group because it sure hella felt like it. My motivation to keep up flatlined pretty much at the start of the climb ?. Thanks for the motivation. Next time I’ll have to log in before giving the kiddo his bath. Damn kids ruin everything!

Start on time and find out :D - j/k
i'm thinking it has to do with relative effort, related to the group's relative effort.
Going hard off the front dials up more 'headwind' - i noticed a low speed given the power output in the flats on monday.
So there has to be a boost for the tail? idk.

jump in an unbanded group ride with a couple hundred people. all good in the flats, then see what happens at the first hill!
The organizer can eject people that go off the front (sustained w/kg above advertised ride.)
There is a visual reference, referred to as the fence, to warn the riders.
Lose the lead group, and it is very difficult to get back on.

Almost time to try a crit.

THATmanMANNY

I was logged in 9:14. But there wasn’t a Join Now option or when I started my solo ride it didn’t say, hey your group ride started do you want to join. I’ve seen that come up for Zwift official rides. May be different? Oh well. Glad to sweat it out.

No I’m fine without the road rash

Fat Trout

I was logged in 9:14. But there wasn’t a Join Now option or when I started my solo ride it didn’t say, hey your group ride started do you want to join. I’ve seen that come up for Zwift official rides. May be different? Oh well. Glad to sweat it out.

No I’m fine without the road rash
If you logged in at 7:14 it might have been too late to get the join option for the 7:15 ride. I'm no expert but I'm usually warming up or at least logged at least 10- 15 min before. @ 5 min before it gives you the option to "Join Now" and about 3 min before it starts an automatic 30 second countdown and joins you in regardless unless you hit the "not yet" button which it also provides. I just let it automatically join me in because I'm lazy. This has been pretty consistent so I'm figuring it was just a matter of you logging in after the notification time window.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's for real. Gravel is best, mtb a close second. The road bike will hurt. Lots. They changed the course to suit the bikes a bit.

Top Bottom