Water Company Trails Conditions

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not much has happened this year In the way of TM. I apologize. Lots of life changing events like additions to family and new houses.

Mid September we will be in there several days to take care of business.

rosceaux

I ran through the full red loop a week ago. Overgrown to waist high. At the end of the overgrowth on the eastern side (just before it clears to all rocks) I ran over a Yellowjacket nest and got stung. (4th time this summer). So if doing maintenance, prepare accordingly.

I'l go out with my blades at some point next weekend to clear out some of it. Its as dry as its been in a while. Good to hear that Yellow is good. Thanks to everyone for doing their part.

Last edited:
Question. Does anything think itd be unwise to ride through the greenway area during hunting season? it says on google maps its a hunting farm. Ive never been through there before so i dont know the way or the lay. I was gonna ride through this weekend from baldpate.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Question. Does anything think itd be unwise to ride through the greenway area during hunting season? it says on google maps its a hunting farm. Ive never been through there before so i dont know the way or the lay. I was gonna ride through this weekend from baldpate.

I don't think you'll be disrupting any hunts this weekend.

I ran through the full red loop a week ago. Overgrown to waist high. At the end of the overgrowth on the eastern side (just before it clears to all rocks) I ran over a Yellowjacket nest and got stung. (4th time this summer). So if doing maintenance, prepare accordingly.

I'l go out with my blades at some point next weekend to clear out some of it. Its as dry as its been in a while. Good to hear that Yellow is good. Thanks to everyone for doing their part.

You should notice improvement after this weekend. a lot of work has been done yesterday day and this morning

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Bow is open in baldpate anyways, but really of no concern.

Robin

This weekend we gave the Water Co. some much needed love. Cut trees, mowed grasses, built and fixed bridges, and worked on drainage issues. I'm sure @capedoc has photos too

IMG_20190920_164537.jpg

IMG_20190920_172343.jpg

IMG_20190920_180531.jpg

IMG_20190921_075143.jpg

IMG_20190921_081839.jpg

IMG_20190921_084619.jpg

Robin

Overall trails are in great shape. Leaves make some parts difficult to navigate but keeping trails dry.

NickVt

Trail Fairy's were out yesterday. Added about one mile of new trail. Hope to add more soon.
New trail is soooo good!!! Great use of topography and really challenging tech sections keep you on your toes. Thanks for all the work you guys put in. Water Co is such a Gem. Please post spring TM/build days. I know a bunch of people who would love to come out and support these trails.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions