Washington's Crossing?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
It isn’t because all but that one small
Loop is open to bikes. All other trails are hikers only and some allow horses.

Sendit88

It's not extensive like allaire or 6 Mile, but simply having the extra few miles of trails to link up to baldpate makes the out and back that much more enjoyable.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It's not extensive like allaire or 6 Mile, but simply having the extra few miles of trails to link up to baldpate makes the out and back that much more enjoyable.

Maybe a specific trail that helps link to other areas?
Would make a good reason. Everyone is very into "connections" now.

Then walk across the bridge !!! (i got yelled at a couple times)

seems that having a loop and entry/exit points as multi-use makes sense. I haven't been in there in forever.

Sendit88

So from the sound of it would the move be to negotiate to create a new connector trail, or attempt to gain access to existing trails?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Isn't this in the same area as the closed, or soon to be closed, Trap Rock Industries quarry that is being considered a park?
Kinda, that is on the opposite of Baldpate from Washington crossing. It will be decommissioned in 2023.

Sendit88

So I've been thinking about this a lot, and wanted to know if this is something we can/should actually push for. If there is a chance the quarry is turned into a mtb park of sorts, the surrounding area will undoubtedly become more popular and I feel it would be good to have more access/a better relationship with Washington's crossing moving forward. Given that most of the reviews (both good and bad) for Washington's crossing make mention of poorly maintained trails (overgrowth primarily) I feel it would benefit the park to have a volunteer group that more regularly maintains the trails.

Further, if we are able to connect Baldpate to the Lambertville water company trails (if I remember correctly it is a short stint on a road on the backside of Baldpate to the connecting trails) it could be one of the largest "connected" networks in Central NJ outside of Allaire.

carvegybe

So I've been thinking about this a lot, and wanted to know if this is something we can/should actually push for. If there is a chance the quarry is turned into a mtb park of sorts, the surrounding area will undoubtedly become more popular and I feel it would be good to have more access/a better relationship with Washington's crossing moving forward. Given that most of the reviews (both good and bad) for Washington's crossing make mention of poorly maintained trails (overgrowth primarily) I feel it would benefit the park to have a volunteer group that more regularly maintains the trails.

Further, if we are able to connect Baldpate to the Lambertville water company trails (if I remember correctly it is a short stint on a road on the backside of Baldpate to the connecting trails) it could be one of the largest "connected" networks in Central NJ outside of Allaire.
That would be dope!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There is history here that I am not aware of. Kev probably knows.
Once we know the players, we'll get a plan in-place.
Pull in some other people to work at a higher level (?)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I thought so, @stb222 @Patrick would there be any legitimate hesitations of starting the contact between JORBA and Washingtons Crossing?
I don’t don’t any of the players at Washington crossing. We have a voice with Mercer for baldpate but they don’t care about Washington Crossing since it is state. I would look to @jdog to see if any connections on the state park side.

Top Bottom